Events/Trails 8th Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet / Charity Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gun Runner 5

ODD IRON OFF ROAD
SILVER Star
Threads
IMG_4395.jpeg

For reasons that are very personal to the organizers of this event, we will be adding a charity to our event this year. We hope you’ll join us in not only a weekend of trail riding, evening gatherings around good meals, and overall socializing but also in our efforts to raise as much money as possible for THE ALS FOUNDATION.
This will be the first year in which our event will not be free and we’ll have a formal registration period which will open in early July. Another first for us will be the fact that we will be a TLCA sanctioned event and all drivers (and only drivers) will be required to be members of the TLCA. We will also be purchasing group insurance through the TLCA (another first).
For those of you that have attended our event in previous years, you’ll recall that we have always met at a local restaurant on Thursday evening. Recognizing that a restaurant setting isn’t the best venue to meet fellow attendees, we’ll be providing all evening meals at the organizers cabins this year. These meals will be included in your ticket price.
We have priced the tickets at what we feel is adequate to cover the insurance and meal cost for 3 nights while leaving enough “meat on the bone” to make a sizable contribution to the charity.
As with previous years, this event is focused on the 70 Series Land Cruiser however
all series of Land Cruiser are welcome to attend however there will be a registration cutoff at 50 vehicles.

**** REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT OPENS ON 07/05

The link to the registration page

Well , looks like I have to miss it again this year. Same time as Logan’s run, and promised people I would attend.

I don't get it. Pay for food, but don't camp together.........I get the personal reasons to donate, but this should be a small group of enthusiasts enjoying our love for 70 series vehicles. I'd rather have a group campground, bring my own food, and enjoy good company rather than crowd 50 vehicles around a 1 bedroom cabin trying to serve up chili for $90 a head.

Yes, I did register, but more thought needs to go into these events in the future.

I don't get it. Pay for food, but don't camp together.........I get the personal reasons to donate, but this should be a small group of enthusiasts enjoying our love for 70 series vehicles. I'd rather have a group campground, bring my own food, and enjoy good company rather than crowd 50 vehicles around a 1 bedroom cabin trying to serve up chili for $90 a head.

Yes, I did register, but more thought needs to go into these events in the future.
* We actually have 4 cabins. 😊
* We may or may not serve chili on any given night. 😊
* Although we are in our 8th year, this is the first year we’ve been aligned with a charity so it’s entirely possible that we’ll make mistakes.
* The ticket price (about what one would spend to take a family of 4 to a nice restaurant) will hopefully allow us to make a sizable donation to The ALS Foundation.
* EVERYONE associated with this event are volunteers and are doing so at their own expense.
Feel free to P.M. me if you have additional concerns.

** Last but not least, if you decide this event isn’t for you in the coming weeks, we do have a refund policy.
Thanks

Last edited:
* We actually have 4 cabins. 😊
* We may or may not serve chili on any given night. 😊
* Although we are in our 8th year, this is the first year we’ve been aligned with a charity so it’s entirely possible that we’ll make mistakes.
* The ticket price (about what one would spend to take a family of 4 to a nice restaurant) will hopefully allow us to make a sizable donation to The ALS Foundation.
* EVERYONE associated with this event are volunteers and are doing so at their own expense.
Feel free to P.M. me if you have additional concerns.

** Last but not least, if you decide this event isn’t for you in the coming weeks, we do have a refund policy.
Thanks
Thanks for organizing the event and the significant efforts made that help our hobby be even more enjoyable!

A few of the local guys are registered/registering and we appreciate the acceptance in our antique 40’s, I guess they are the official 70 series predecessors!

If there is any help/information we can provide prior to, please reach out!

Looking forward to seeing all the 70 Series iron in the Mountains of East Tennessee!

Thanks for organizing the event and the significant efforts made that help our hobby be even more enjoyable!

A few of the local guys are registered/registering and we appreciate the acceptance in our antique 40’s, I guess they are the official 70 series predecessors!

Looking forward to seeing all the 70 Series iron in the Mountains of East Tennessee!
A 70 Series is just a 40 Series in newer clothing. 😁
I look forward to seeing you guys again this Fall.

You may always organize your own event in a way that suits you.

We will probably take you up on that offer. I’ve been riding the area since the mid 90s but there is only one of me …

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom