Meet & Greet Annual Party - 2024 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Threads
Come on out to our annual Meet & Greet!
No need to be a member to come hang out - but we'd love it if you were :)

When:
March 7-10th, 2024

Where:
The Barn - (GPS brings you close: 1139 River Road, Troy, NC, then look for the old school car dealer flags and a sign)

What:
Weekend of friends and camping, pot luck on Friday night, club provided meal Saturday, Trail volunteer work TBD

Cost:
Zero

Who?
You, your significant other, your friends, your well behaved kids and dogs and your Toyota Truck! (not required, but encouraged)

Details:
The barn is a large open structure with limited indoor sleeping areas (if you'd like to use these, just ask). Typically folks camp in their trucks, tents or campers around the barn. There are closer spots that will likely be noisy as well as several secluded areas off the beaten path for those that prefer some quiet/privacy. The club will rent a porta potty, and there is a pit toilet. NO SHOWER on site. If you need to shower, group camp is a short drive away. The barn has hot water, gas for cooking, fridges, and lots of outlets for crockpots. There are a couple of wood stoves and a large firepit that will be burning for the weekend.

Thursday - arrive early if you like - set up camping spot and say hello. Gate likely will be open as early as noon
Friday - Pot Luck Dinner. Grill/Smoke/Crockpot or just stop by the Bojangles or Food Lion and grab something to throw on the table.
Saturday - Club will provide dinner - come hungry! - Club will also hold our brief annual meeting and welcome new and re-elected Board of Directors as well as new business.
Sunday - Club provides a big breakfast - biscuits/gravy/bacon/eggs - please stick around to eat and help clean up

Hope to see you there!

Please post any questions you have, and indicate if you're coming - but most importantly what are you cooking? :)

See you there!

I may be there sat depending on work load

I have friends in town that weekend, but going to try my best to make it Saturday evening.

Trying to be there Saturday. Probably just me. Maybe the d.o.g.

I'm iffy but might be able to make it for a few hours on Saturday. What time is the "meeting" part supposed to be?
Typically after dinner, so maybe 8pm-ish? Very similar to the Xmas party but with nobody broken down out on the trails!

I won’t make it this year, I’ll be in Savanna.

Marie and I are planning to come and say hello on Saturday.

Big shout out to Nathan Rushing, Gavin Keziah, and Gavin’s dad Rick for delivering and perfectly stacking a pick up load of firewood at the barn Sunday. I know, I know, I should have taken pic before we put the tarp over it. :bang: It's the tall stack...

IMG_6826.jpeg

I am going. Bringing manuel with me. Another Venezuelan guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom