What have you been doing with your Toyota? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added a fold up wing to my rear platform, covered both of them with black felt, then tossed the skis in the back, just in case.

20230125_203726.jpg
20230125_203730.jpg
20230125_203744.jpg
20230125_212346.jpg

Looks super nice. I love my tuffy rear box and have often thought about adding wings to make a psueduo tonneau cover for the rear to keep honest people honest. I love the fold up feature.

FWIW, i used a product called HydroTurf on my drawers and it has held up AMAZINGLY well on my drawers in the 100 and I beat on it. It is a marine carpet and would be awesome if your felt wears out.

are you the one that ended up with my old storage box? it looks addy fimiliar with the diy things i put on the side to keep it closed

are you the one that ended up with my old storage box? it looks addy fimiliar with the diy things i put on the side to keep it closed
That's the box! Previously owned by @REZARF wasn't it?

Looks super nice. I love my tuffy rear box and have often thought about adding wings to make a psueduo tonneau cover for the rear to keep honest people honest. I love the fold up feature.

FWIW, i used a product called HydroTurf on my drawers and it has held up AMAZINGLY well on my drawers in the 100 and I beat on it. It is a marine carpet and would be awesome if your felt wears o Drew:
Drew:
Where did you get the hydroturf from? I'm thinking of using it for my camperbed build.

Mark

Air/Fuel sniffer installed.

I had rebuilt this carb twice in the last two years. I noticed something was off since the last rebuild. This gage confirmed that my old F was stupid fat at WOT. My AFR was off the chart at WOT and also too lean at part-throttle primary circuit. So digging in the for third time, I found that I had no jet on the power valve. It was flooding at WOT. And to boot, my throttle linkage was stiff and had enough slop in it to not even open the secondary circuit. Oi. Things are better now.

IMG-2464(1).jpg

New foam and leather with seat heaters
74524ACA-02CA-4045-B715-2C20013F8719.jpeg

OEM seat heater switches
C5EF49C2-FE3A-49E0-BAF1-176A5C751BEC.jpeg

FYI 80s have plugs under the centre console that these switches plug into. All you need to do is pin the heater elements into the plug on the seat and boom, done

Drew:
Where did you get the hydroturf from? I'm thinking of using it for my camperbed build.

Mark
Man, some upholstery supply place in Denver… I’ll try to track it down.

Their warehouse is amazing! I pulled up and a guy jumped in to help me. Looked at my carpet in the 100, felt it, asked what I was after, then he walked me past a kerbillion different colors, carpets and textiles to one roll in the back that was so identical to Toyota OEM it was freaky. Gotta’ love it when someone knows their junk. It was relatively cheap too.

Man, some upholstery supply place in Denver… I’ll try to track it down.

Their warehouse is amazing! I pulled up and a guy jumped in to help me. Looked at my carpet in the 100, felt it, asked what I was after, then he walked me past a kerbillion different colors, carpets and textiles to one roll in the back that was so identical to Toyota OEM it was freaky. Gotta’ love it when someone knows their junk. It was relatively cheap too.
No worries, it's on Amazon. I thought if it was in Bozeman, I would stop by when I am there on Monday. Thanks.

Rear steer on the 40!?
Na, going on Jake's tundra project. I was going to try to put a steerable axle under my trailer but a buddy had a mishap and bearing spun and created alot of carnage on his 68 so i gave him my spare 69 front end. always thought it would be pretty neat pulling my trailer up the morrison. one of the boys suggested we could put an electric motor back there and make it a pusher but i figured that may have been pushing the envelope

Well. Not sure exactly when this happened. There is tracks in the snow so probably Wednesday or Thursday. Thursday night a neighbor noticed the damage. I haven’t been by the vacation house in a week or more. But someone hit this pretty good. It’s 6’ off the road. So definitely off course. Pushed it into another truck.
0D37B40A-6C8F-47D5-AFE7-A8B7DDCB9FD7.jpeg

Definitely very frustrating. This was a very clean truck. It definitely got used. I pride getting these things through what they do intact and not hammered. Stuff happens. We have a bunch of trucks. But pointless damage is frustrating. Truck will be sold quickly and cheaply out of frustration.

We have 7 other GXs. This was the black one. Already bought another black one today. Picking up this week. Needed the same rig with no damage.

Definitely very frustrating. This was a very clean truck. It definitely got used. I pride getting these things through what they do intact and not hammered. Stuff happens. We have a bunch of trucks. But pointless damage is frustrating. Truck will be sold quickly and cheaply out of frustration.

We have 7 other GXs. This was the black one. Already bought another black one today. Picking up this week. Needed the same rig with no damage.

Shot you a DM on this GX. I have a friend in Livingston who has been shopping cruisers/GX and may be interested. Sad to see a hit in run in town :( I've had my wife's jeep messed with a few times here in Livy and its super frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom