For Sale 62 FJ40 Door Shells (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bump still for sale but shipping seems to a killer. For others interested, to give you an idea for shipping I got a quote to ship to NY and it came out to $155.00.

Bump

They are located in New Mexico. They should be correct for a 61 fj40.

Bump

Bump

Where are you located? Any idea if they will fit a '61 40?
Thanks

They are located in New Mexico. They should be correct for a 61 fj40.

Actually the 61 used a different style to raise and lower the window. It was a carry over from the FJ25. If the upper section and glass was the same I am not sure. I do not have a 61 parts book or micro-fiche to compare part numbers. The door latch lasted into 62 maybe 63.

The door uppers and glass were the same as what came on the early fixed top 45s which is were the uppers from these doors went.

To be clear the passenger doors looks like it was modified from a later 60s early 70s door lower. The hole for the vent window adjustment spring was filled in which can be seen from the inside. In regards to figment these doors could be used on 61-74. Modifications to suit the owners preference. They would also make a nice set of half doors.

Bump

I'm trying to follow all the discussion here about fitment. I'm confused.

Doors are being sold with the handles and latches included. Does anyone know if the included latches will fit to the strike, or catch doohickey that is screwed to the jamb of my Aug '69 FJ40? Failing that, can I take the hardware from my factory doors and fit it to these doors?

:hmm:

I understand your confusion. Might be easier to have a short phone conversation to sort through confusion but the short is I believe you could use either handle set and either should catch on the door striker.

If you want to send me your number I could give you a call later tonight to discuss. I want to avoid any surprises should you decide to buy them.

Last edited:
Added my number to our conversation.

The catch on the tub is steel not soft metal like later ones. Have played that close of attention to angle. Because Toyota dropped pre 3/69 parts from the system years ago hard to determine what fits what. Believe the top section may be taller for the corrugated top.

Thought about these for a 62 cruiser I have. Probably have about everything needed to make complete doors. A project I know I'll never get to and $500 may be hard make in the sale of the vehicle.

IIRC the later soft metal catches have different spacing than the earlier metal ones, I don't think the later ones can be used on an early tub
the latches, I thought, have different bolt spacing/pattern between early and late doors.

no idea if a complete early door will catch and latch on a later tub with the soft metal catch or if a later door could be used on an early tub with the metal catch.

The door latch on the early handle assembly sold with these doors extend the same length and at the same location as the later latches that come on the later 60 series doors, so they would catch the striker in the same place. If one was running the later 60s early 70 strikers in the stock location I expect they should function as intended.

The later 60s early 70s door latch assemblies share the two bolt holes closest to the b-piller. The other two holes would have to be drilled and taped. (One of the doors I am selling is a late 60s early 70s door, so it has these holes and was modified to accommodate the early assembly)

Bump

Bump

Make me an offer

Make me an offer
@Tank5 I have a set of uppers for these that I am offering for free if someone pays shipping. Might help your sale.

Bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom