For Sale 62 FJ40 Door Shells (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a set of very nice early Fj40 lower doors shells. They are strait still have the limiter mounts in tack and don't have any significant rust. Good doors seem like they are getting hard to find which makes me hesitant to sell them. I have hoarded these for the last fiver years for various potential projects, spares and eve considered making half doors with them. It would be a shame to cut these into halo doors but they would be a great start if that is what you wanted to do. I will dig them out and add some pictures later today. I am asking 700.00 600 asking 500.00 for the set plus shipping. They are located in Northern New Mexico.

Edit: I should have looked at these before I dug them out. It had been a while since I looked a them. The passenger door does appear to be an original door from the 62. The driver door had been swapped for a later 60s door. The whole for the window spring access had been covered with some plate and adhesive. Both doors still look to be free of any significant rust including the inside bottoms.

They are not a matching set but could be modified to work with 60s and early 70 40 series to make them a set. I adjusted my asking price above to reflect my new findings.

2F881C63-812A-4030-98F6-730BE3808FA3.jpeg

98C1A3F3-EEB4-4F0A-8789-5D60B33B4D1F.jpeg

6C03084A-B2FA-4B1C-99DF-FF6928FE35DB.jpeg

2CCF4D48-59D7-4FCB-B106-4CC699BA34F6.jpeg

A98A9C2C-71F6-424D-8585-4425CA0E53EA.jpeg

BBFD29C4-2E9A-4D91-8539-855914E61C6C.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you happen to have the window regulators that go to the doors also?
I do have them but was not planning to sell them with the door shells. I could probably be persuaded.

62? do they use the oddball door latch setup which is different than the later version?
the oddball part is the handle points up not down

62? do they use the oddball door latch setup which is different than the later version?
the oddball part is the handle points up not down
They do, the interior handles look like the exterior handles on the factory soft top doors. I kinda like them, so pulled them off to possibly use on my 45 build.

They do, the interior handles look like the exterior handles on the factory soft top doors. I kinda like them, so pulled them off to possibly use on my 45 build.
are the old latches still available anywhere?
I'm thinking the later door latches won't work with those doors without modifications.
IIRCC the old style uses 3 mounting screws and the later ones use 4

Add more pictures

9DB7E9F3-538D-42E1-9788-7470D9378FC1.jpeg

5D8D2B24-201A-446D-9F91-B774B34FD257.jpeg

7111E55A-C83F-4341-8D37-53473D0343CC.jpeg

37912B1E-3DB6-4F58-A800-1C99DA2A8E15.jpeg

D32E9192-65EC-4C1E-9C7F-AD012F9D7710.jpeg

B5220970-05CE-4689-A9A5-CEE0CB7604F9.jpeg

are the old latches still available anywhere?
I'm thinking the later door latches won't work with those doors without modifications.
IIRCC the old style uses 3 mounting screws and the later ones use 4

I still have the early latches. The only part I might use is the lever. The rest of the lock mechanism and such will likely be available if someone needs the parts.

Bump

Bump

I am now including the early door latches and handles with these doors. This is the only pair of handles I have see like this. Maybe @3_puppies has more information about them.

Sold the door handles separate, no longer available.

Last edited:
I am now including the early door latches and handles with these doors. This is the only pair of handles I have see like this. Maybe @3_puppies has more information about them.

View attachment 2989074

I've only seen a few of them myself, maybe more in the 25 section? or @pardion knows more
The catch on the door jamb is different also. I'll see if I can find the pics of my early 63
and as you can see the bolt pattern is different

DSCF4541.JPG

DSCF4542.JPG

DSCF4543.JPG

Last edited:
These would make good half doors. Lowered price 500 plus shipping

Just a couple of things to help bump this along. The passenger door latch has the inside lock knob, the driver‘s side doesn’t although you could flip the lock lever with your finger I guess. The reason the passenger has the knob is that it doesn’t have an exterior key lock access and the driver’s side does. So if using a key you have to unlock the driver’s first from exterior then unlock passenger from interior. FWIW.

Also, the early door (rib doesn’t go all the way across the outside panel) is different in that the matching window frame is secured with screws that screw directly into the frame, so the screws need to be of the correct length to not damage the window glass. The half-generation later window frames have an offset tab that the screws go in to avoid this issue. Only about a 1/2” or so difference but enough that you can’t swap an early frame with a later frame without modification. Again, FWIW.

I would like a set of half doors for my Aug '69 FJ 40. Would these work without cutting them? I'd hate to cut them.

@middlecalf thanks for the extra info. I hope that helps a potential buyer.

@Rigger They could be used like they are if you find a way to cover the top opening. IMO they don’t look as good that way. I think they are more functional and better looking if you cut them. If I was going to use them I would cut them.

I would like the doors, how much to get and have shipped to 14031?
Please send me a pm with your full shipping address and I will get a quote. Thank you

Curious how close the window regulators are to the 63-74 door regulators? Pictures? I have a couple of sets of 61 FJ40 doors. Those have the goofy slides verses a regulators.

I will dig them out but from what I recall they are no different than the 63-74 regulators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom