275/65/18 BFG’s installed-fits in spare location too (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1.75” lift goes on next week, but I went ahead and installed the KO2’s today and I’m happy to report no rubbing in stock form and the spare fits as well (I chose 255/70/18 for the spare so it’s the same diameter but a little skinnier to tuck in the spare location-worked perfectly). Surprisingly, my speedo is dead on which I thought for sure it would be a little off - I verified with GPS. These pics are when I pulled into the driveway and haven’t cleaned the wheels/tires.

970B276A-A32B-42AF-8E1E-2D33099FF77C.jpeg

27A5C190-2D53-4720-8400-30646A2038D7.jpeg

7BD27C64-14D1-4A5C-810C-0E931988142E.jpeg

6D707E86-6398-4F36-8720-497BF7D4B0DC.jpeg

How's the lock-to-lock? Any rubbing? You may want to try also lock-to-lock with the tire stuffed in the wheel well to get an idea of what your limits are.
Looking good!! 👍

How's the lock-to-lock? Any rubbing? You may want to try also lock-to-lock with the tire stuffed in the wheel well to get an idea of what your limits are.
Looking good!! 👍
Lock to lock, zero rub. I haven’t tried that with the tires stuffed, but my lift next week should help with that just in case. I half around 1” clearance with the spare to the KDSS. Very happy with this set up. Ride is still great, and only marginally stiffer thank stock which I like.

896B6A91-A413-48F7-BACC-1C3E2D08DC65.jpeg

10437249-B7D3-415A-B96B-17986E5542A3.jpeg

64C760FE-A8FD-4B6E-A8F4-C931EF5AF1DB.jpeg

Lock to lock, zero rub. I haven’t tried that with the tires stuffed, but my lift next week should help with that just in case.

Unless it's a spacer lift the suspension can still travel up as far as stock. Its limited by the bump stops which is what you want. The lift just adds preload to raise the ride height, and in some cases it adds a little travel.

Very nice! I see you dont have the frame mounted hitch. That could be why your spare fits. What kit did you end up going with?
1.75” Koni coilover up front and 1.5” Koni shock and Bilstein Coil in the rear. I want to keep a little factory rake.

Same size KO2's I am running on mine, but no lift. I have a slight rub at full stuff but not under normal driving conditions and that's all that this vehicle sees. You can fit the same size spare with the Class III hitch but you'll have to trim 1/4" off the back. I did this on my previous GX460.

i3Fufcr.jpg

Dp3zPtr.jpg

Same size KO2's I am running on mine, but no lift. I have a slight rub at full stuff but not under normal driving conditions and that's all that this vehicle sees. You can fit the same size spare with the Class III hitch but you'll have to trim 1/4" off the back. I did this on my previous GX460.

i3Fufcr.jpg

That's the back of the hitch to spare clearance we're looking at there? Is your spare the same size as the other tires? I was under the impression 31.5" is the biggest that would fit the spare location. My stock spare is already touching the hitch, but it's one of those small aftermarket hitches rather than OEM so maybe it's different.. Also....where is the rub when you're stuffed?

This is honestly how they should come from the factory...or at least as an optional package.
Or in the very minimum, an option package for that! Like with the 4R's.
There should be a trail worthy TRD Pro GX package!!

i3Fufcr.jpg

Dp3zPtr.jpg
can you show what your spare looks like in its spot?

Yes! Photo please .. I have a Class IV hitch and am trying to fit a 265/70R17 Yoko Geolandar back there and not having any luck. Might switch to Class III if it would really fit.

My 1.75” lift goes on next week, but I went ahead and installed the KO2’s today and I’m happy to report no rubbing in stock form and the spare fits as well (I chose 255/70/18 for the spare so it’s the same diameter but a little skinnier to tuck in the spare location-worked perfectly). Surprisingly, my speedo is dead on which I thought for sure it would be a little off - I verified with GPS. These pics are when I pulled into the driveway and haven’t cleaned the wheels/tires.

View attachment 3159552

View attachment 3159553

View attachment 3159554

View attachment 3159555
Everytime I see this green, man, I think DA*N - I want that! Looking good, sir!

I love the sidewall of the KO2, classic. The KO3's look like they might be even better.

Looks great. And thanks for the clever trim tip.
? Does this mean the 265/65/18s I ordered will not rub (stock suspension)?

Any tire that fits in the spare well will probably not rub much, if it rubs at all. It all depends on your exact suspension alignment, tire size and wheel offset. Most aftermarket wheels have more offset than Lexus and Toyota wheels, which makes them more likely to rub.

If you get rub you can heat mold the plastic fender liner and push it out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom