How to fit 275/65r18 at spare location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 2020 GX460 without tow hitch. I couldn't fit the new spare 275/65r18 on to spare location. Any input will be greatly appreciated. TIA!

What tires? Adding KDSS spacers add some clearance but if you have tires that run large for that size (like Wildpeaks) they may not be enough.

Tiresize.com says those are 32.1. I needed KDSS spacers to get my 31.7" 265/70R17 Rubitrek (same basic tire as a Wildpeak) to fit. Someone else here didn't need the spacers to get the same tires to fit, so there's some variation. Also both of us have the class IV hitch.

If it was me I'd try the spacers because the other options are a tire carrier or storing the tire in the back, both of which have some significant drawbacks. They might work or they might not.

I plan on trying to fit a 32" tire in the spare location once I replace my current set. I figure that one of the 32's I have right now (275/75/18) will be worn down enough to be able to fit

I have 2020 GX460 without tow hitch. I couldn't fit the new spare 275/65r18 on to spare location. Any input will be greatly appreciated. TIA!
How much are you missing it by? Is it really close, within a fraction of an inch?
If so, you could deflate the tire, but you'll need some sort of inflation device onboard if you should ever need that spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom