Thunder Cloud vs. Classic Silver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know when Toyota switched from Thunder cloud met. to Classic silver ? I was under the strong impression it was model year 2006. What is getting me is that I have found a 2006 LC in thundercloud at a TX Lexus dealership.. It is a 2006 because it has AHC. It has 20k and they are asking $51,500 i believe. That sound reasonable ? My biggest gripe with the LX is that up until 2006 they did not have a "silver" offered. Galactic gray was the closest . They have had some really foul colors IMO, such ad blizzard pearl and blue vapor :lol: ..YUK !! I am trying to be patient until I see the 2008 LC. The '08 LX is very questionable to me at this point. This 2006 tc LC is awful tempting..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2001 UZJ100-- Champagne Pearl--- 65K
1989 FJ62-- Freeborn Red---131K
1991 Range Rover Classic-- Ardennes Green---63K
2003 Mercedes CL55 AMG-- Bright Silver Metallic---18K

As a reference point -- I paid ~ $56K for a new 2006 in late 12/05 with AHC, Nav, and side airbags from a dealership in McAllen, TX.

Hi,

I have a 2006 that is Thundercloud Metalic. Great color as it show hardly anything. I think the delares price is high. Mine had a sticker of $66,000 fully loaded and I paid $49,875 brand new with about 200 miles on the odometer. There was a rebate and a bunch of other factors that allowed me to get it for that price.

I will sell you mine if you want it in a few months...as the GF wants the 2008 Lexus after seeing it the NY Autoshow. :)

Rich

Film Pros: how much? mileage?

Just because it is called a 2006 doesn't mean it is a 2006.Check the door for the date. Remember they run a rolling assembly line. If they have paint they use it. I looked at an 07 LC that was really an 06. I laughed when the guy told me he wanted sticker. You can buy new loaded for less than 50K, just got another email from toyota saying that have more discounts. Best of luck in finding what you want.

I am going to sit tight until the 2008 LC debuts. I have a picture of a LX570 as a backgroung on my monitor and I must say that after seeing it everyday that it is not as horrible as I first thought. I am sure it looks less offensive in person. I tend to lean more towards a Toyota than Lexus, so I wish the LC would debut ASAP !!
:cheers:

My 2006 LC is 6 months old and has 6,500 miles on the odometer. Never been off road and already had three (3) oil changes. I am a maniac on PM. Also has a Toyota Platinum 7 Year / 100,000 mile warranty. Sticker was just about 66K...as it is loaded.

Film Pros: how much? mileage?

I wish the '08 land cruiser would debut so I could decide what to do. I have actually been considering leasing a 2007 LX for 2-3 years. By that time many of the "bugs" will have been taken care of on the 2008/2009 LX-LC. My moms twin brother owns a Lexus dealership. He is a businessman though, and getting a good deal out of him can be rough !!if I lease a 2007 LX and I decide I don't like the 2008, I can at least purchase the '07. I still am considering a new Range Rover S/C. There is not a LR dealership where I live and taking a car out of town for svc is a pain... Even still, I have plenty of cars so it would not be as if I didn't have a ride. I have to give LR credit for not screwing up the design of the Range Rover. But...$95.000 + for a new RR S/C is quite steep, especially when the LX/LC looks to have competitive power with a lower price...As they say, patience is a virtue !! :cheers:

It would be hard for me to pay $51K for a used 06 knowing I could buy a new one for $10K off list, or better.

Your uncle may take a businessman approach, but he may be willing to beat out another Lexus dealer for your business. I do not think he will want you driving around and about in a new LX with a competing Lexus dealer license tag. That does not send a flattering message to his potential customers.

I am surprised you do not like white paint in Abiline, it is awful hot there. However, I like the Crystal White better than the previous Bizzard White. Even so, the Golden Pearl white I have now is still my favorite of all of them.

It does get mighty warm here in the summer, we don't have near the humidity you have in Arkansa. I usually like to stay with light exterior colors like white or silver. My champagne pearl 2001 has an ivory interior and that also helps with the heat factor. Dark exterior cars are next to impossible to keep clean. We have a lot of red dirt that gets on everything! I had a couple of black broncos years ago and I could have them totally clean in the afternoon and by the next day there would be a fine layer of red dirt on them. A pain in the arse to keep clean !! Champagne is the best color for here because the goldish tint in the silver blends in with the red dirt...:crybaby: :crybaby:

Woops. My bad. I was not aware that Thunder Cloud was still offered. :whoops::lol:

I’ve been looking at color charts for 06/07 model years and it seems they offers both classic silver metallic (1F7) and thundercloud (1D2), is that correct or are they the same color? We have an 05 sequoia in silver sky metallic and it still looks fantastic. Not a tech question BUT REALLY IMPORTANT.

Not the same colour. My ‘07 is Classic Silver with Thundercloud bumpers.
CDD1725A-BB96-4BBB-807D-863939CC3137.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom