Need help with noises (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i need some help. I have to noises. One is a clacking sound in the front when turning but not like a cv joint sound, its not consistent enough and also happens moving backward or forward at crawl speed, once moving strait it goes away also happens over bumps.

Noise to is something in the rear suspension always happens over speed bumps, another loud clack. I have brandnew rear sway bar links and everything else feels tight and as it should

Any ideas?

Is the truck lifted? Any evidence the front sway bar is hitting the coilovers? Is the suspension all stock if not lifted?

Might also look at the exhaust and catalytic convertor heat shields...might have popped off their connection points.

Is the truck lifted? Any evidence the front sway bar is hitting the coilovers? Is the suspension all stock if not lifted?

Might also look at the exhaust and catalytic convertor heat shields...might have popped off their connection points.
Front is Sitting at about 3 inch lift on fox 2.0 coil overs with aftermarket ucas. No swaybar is present in the front

The noise in the rear. . .could be linkage. My lower control arms wallowed out the holes in the frame mounts long ago. As the control arm bolt shifted inside the oblong hole, it would clunk. I welded some high grade washers to the outside of the holes to correct.

Is this normal for the lower front control arm. Seems to be a lot of room there where the bushes are

PXL_20220824_103855175.jpg

Hard to tell from that single image. The stock rubber bushings do have gaps unlike poly bushings.

It's more efficient to buy factory front LCA assemblies because they come with bushings and ball joint pre-installed. Trying to press those old bushings out is a real PITA.

Hard to tell from that single image. The stock rubber bushings do have gaps unlike poly bushings.

It's more efficient to buy factory front LCA assemblies because they come with bushings and ball joint pre-installed. Trying to press those old bushings out is a real PITA.
Can buy superpro arms complete with balljoints and bushes. Have been considering it lately but would think if the bushes were gone there would be obvious signs

Because of the loads of the vehicle weight and coilover tension, it's sometimes hard to detect this movement. Everything may seem tight, but you just can't lever any movement while everything is assembled. While it would throw off your alignment, the only sure way to diagnose is to remove control arm and inspect.

Couple of things i have noticed, with the front it seems to be the right corner and is more common on setting off and coming to a stop, i also got it for a quick test off road tonight on some trails and you can hear over sharp bumps sometimes when the wheels mobes down quickly it is a very loud pop/clunk. Like someone giving the bash plate a smack with a hammer.

Thinking lower balljoint or possibly the bushes/bolt seizing and suddenly unsticking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom