2014 FJ with Radflo struts, Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working on a customer's rig. Came in with no sway bar. Story was the installer of the Radflo lift said the sway bar interfered with the 285/75-17 tires on stock rims. (Lift had been installed when rig was new) Found no interference issues with the tires so I ordered OEM sway bar and links. The sway bar ends hit the lower portion of the Radflo struts but weren't any where near the tires. The design of the Radflo's are much larger diameter in the area of the sway bar ends. Removed the Radflos and installed Bilstein 5100s with OME springs. Sway bar assembly fit perfect. I searched for similar issues with FJs and 4Runners and haven't found anyone else with this issue. Just checking to see if anyone thinks I'm missing something here. Thanks!

Pic of the removed Radflos

20230709_081710.jpg

They sell sway bar relocation spacers for $30ish that help with that problem.... That said sometimes with these older massive coilovers the manufacturer did recommend removing the sway bar. (not sure the spacer idea had been developed yet)

I think the Radflo are similar (maybe same) as the Sway-A-Way or Walker Evans ones and I think they may have been the ones that suggested removing it.

Youre not crazy, its a real issue, I just think most of the more current coilover designs account for it better.

They sell sway bar relocation spacers for $30ish that help with that problem.... That said sometimes with these older massive coilovers the manufacturer did recommend removing the sway bar. (not sure the spacer idea had been developed yet)

I think the Radflo are similar (maybe same) as the Sway-A-Way or Walker Evans ones and I think they may have been the ones that suggested removing it.

Youre not crazy, its a real issue, I just think most of the more current coilover designs account for it better.

I appreciate the response. I couldn't see any way a spacer or modified end links would help. Customer seems to be pretty happy with the Bilsteins!

Thanks for the reply!!.

What's a swaybay? ...
Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom