Source for body clips and misc hardware? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, I'm back on ih8mud, having just bought my son his future driving machine, a 2001 Lexus LX470, with 192k on the clock and a few upgrades. Getting ready to start addressing cosmetic issues and struggling with finding sources for the missing body clips and misc hardware. Body molding clips, fender liner push pins, front trim clips, etc.

Have to replace the front bumper reinforcement bar (below the headlights) on which the headlight trim pieces clip, as some brilliant piece of work cut out this piece to make an ARB Sahara bumper fit (didn't take the time to jiggle and wiggle and adjust). And then notched the ARR bumper to clear the control box for the Smittybilt winch (didn't take the time to relocate the control box). Sigh...

I think Partsouq is your best bet.

Thanks Bisho!

Seems that website has a lot of what I’m looking for but not everything.

Thanks Bisho!

Yes, they have just about everything and they are typically very fast to ship parts.

Thanks Bisho!

When Partsouq doesn't have what I need or shipping is cost prohibitive, I just search the 🕸️ with the part number that Partsouq has listed, since their listings are very accurate.

Last edited:
When Partsouq doesn't have what I need or shipping is cost prohibitive, I just search the 🕸️ with the part number that Partsouq has listed, since their listings are very accurate.
I usually find a way to add more parts until the shipping cost goes up to make it worthwhile. Filters, clips, crush washers, etc,etc. Need to keep an eye on the shipping, though, because suddenly that $4 filer becomes a $10 filter when the limit is reached and it jumps a step.

If you're looking for things like plastic body or trim clips or fasteners, I suggest buying a kit from ebay or similar with an assortment. I have a kit for each of my vehicles (manufacturer) and have them at hand all the time. $20 will buy you a nice selection.

Reactions: GTV
If you're looking for things like plastic body or trim clips or fasteners, I suggest buying a kit from ebay or similar with an assortment. I have a kit for each of my vehicles (manufacturer) and have them at hand all the time. $20 will buy you a nice selection.

I've got the same thing, pretty sure I found it on eBay. It has come in really handy.

I saw those kits. Did you find the pieces to be pretty compatible with your LC/LX?

I saw those kits. Did you find the pieces to be pretty compatible with your LC/LX?
You may find that some of them don't look identical to the Toyota parts, but they're still effective. In some cases, like say the fender liners, I just removed all of the Toyota stuff and replaced with new ones from my kits. They all match aesthetically. If you didn't care about the head of a push-pin looking the same as the one next to it, then it's a non-issue.

You may find that some of them don't look identical to the Toyota parts, but they're still effective. In some cases, like say the fender liners, I just removed all of the Toyota stuff and replaced with new ones from my kits. They all match aesthetically. If you didn't care about the head of a push-pin looking the same as the one next to it, then it's a non-issue.
Do you happen to remember which kit you got?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom