Rear shock hardware question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The 2 Bilstein shocks I'm removing each have 2 cupped washers with a rubber spacer between them, at the top of the shocks.

The new OEM shocks I received each come with 2 thicker rubber spacers (90948-01064). Do I need these? How should they be placed?

The dealer also said I needed these 2 washers, part number 90560-18009, but I can't figure out where they should go. They're nowhere near as thick as the washers that I removed from the lower shock mount.

Any assistance is appreciated!
2024-01-0212.20.346159423709316485304.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure about those two washers.

There should be overall 3 washers. First goes into the shock stem, then a rubber washer, then 2nd washer and then mount the shock to the frame and then rubber washer and then the last metal washer.

Enter your VIN into partsouq.com and go to power train and chasis. Scroll to the bottom and explore the parts diagram.

I didn't see the old rubber and metal washers above the shock (they were still sitting there). Makes a lot more sense now, thanks.

For OEM on a LC100

1704226032568.png

I didn't see the old rubber and metal washers above the shock (they were still sitting there). Makes a lot more sense now, thanks.
And while you're in there make sure the top of the shock mount is good and clean. Careful for the electronics nearby but get in there and clean all the mud / debris that may be sitting up in there before securing the new rubber / shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom