How long can a 2000 LX470 be parked before the battery gets too weak to start? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it normal for the LX being parked Monday to not start Friday? I’ve heard that the auto light setting can drain the battery quicker but in this case it was off.

In my experience, that’s not normal.

How new is the battery?

Not normal. Mine routinely sits for that long.

How dead is the battery?

For a brand new Toyota battery installed in a Hundy with cleaned terminals, is it supposed to be able to sit for more than a month and start right up?

The door locks can drain it as well. If you have that issue, keeping doors locked can keep battery from draining.

not normal, aftermarket stereo? any other additions?

our 2005 LX sits for 3 weeks+ at a time with no issues, even in the winter.

Mine is about 3 weeks with an aftermarket alarm system.

If you have a cd changer, that also causes parasitic battery drain.

All stock. Just replaced battery. Will see how that goes.

If you have a cd changer, that also causes parasitic battery drain.
Are you talking about the factory in dash? I have the nakamichi.

In my experience, that’s not normal.

How new is the battery?
It was a 3 year old Lexus battery

Not normal. Mine routinely sits for that long.

How dead is the battery?
After jumping it and driving over 2 hours it was too dead to start. I’ve been charging it for almost 24 hours with a manual 6 amp I think charger and it’s getting close to being done.

The door locks can drain it as well. If you have that issue, keeping doors locked can keep battery from draining.
That’s interesting. Why?

I really don’t know why or how. The PO of our ‘04 LX said she had that issue with door locks. And since then I have noticed if I lock the doors before leaving for a week or so, it starts up fine. If I don’t lock the doors, the battery is low.

Apparently some electrical pathway problem above my volunteer grade.

I really don’t know why or how. The PO of our ‘04 LX said she had that issue with door locks. And since then I have noticed if I lock the doors before leaving for a week or so, it starts up fine. If I don’t lock the doors, the battery is low.

Apparently some electrical pathway problem above my volunteer grade.
I have noticed the same. Was camping in the truck one night and forgot to lock the doors and woke up to a dead battery. As long as the doors are locked it starts up fine.

My battery died too this week. Still waiting for my Optima to come in. Are the factory batteries really this expensive???
3904B1D7-E8B7-4D0F-8854-904A1945769B.jpeg

The Japanese one is that expensive.

New battery seems to have fixed the problem. I’m used to a battery that is either working or not but not used to how one just fades after a few days. That is unusual for my experience

The Panasonic battery lasts a long time and people have got over 10 years of usage out of that.

The Interstate battery (Costco, Toyota Truestart) is an AGM. The LC 100 alternator’s charging profile is not designed to charge AGMs and you’d need to plug that on to an actual charger once or twice a year to avoid deep discharge that hurts the battery.

Some mud members add a voltage booster to get a better charge rate for AGMs.
If you have an alternator that’s on it’s way out, going dead frequently is definitely possible.

Without manual charging or the voltage booster mod, the Costco interstate would usually die around the 12 month mark in 40/60 Hwy/Local CA driving and I had to get those swapped under warranty annually.
That was no longer an issue when I used an AGM charger twice yearly.

The Panasonic battery lasts a long time and people have got over 10 years of usage out of that.

The Interstate battery (Costco, Toyota Truestart) is an AGM. The LC 100 alternator’s charging profile is not designed to charge AGMs and you’d need to plug that on to an actual charger once or twice a year to avoid deep discharge that hurts the battery.

Some mud members add a voltage booster to get a better charge rate for AGMs.
If you have an alternator that’s on it’s way out, going dead frequently is definitely possible.

Without manual charging or the voltage booster mod, the Costco interstate would usually die around the 12 month mark in 40/60 Hwy/Local CA driving and I had to get those swapped under warranty annually.
That was no longer an issue when I used an AGM charger twice yearly.

Based on this assessment, what battery brand is recommended for the LX/LC 100 and which ones to not get. In other words, what battery brands have AGM batteries that are to be avoided?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom