2000 LX470 No start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2000 lx470, single click, dash lights go out. Continues to click, no start. FINALLY was able to get it cranked.

Battery new, positive terminal new, cleaned and tightened negative cable. Jump box on and still no crank. Bumped it a few times and it finally started.

Lots of threads about this issue but ultimately they were shuffled back with no definitive answer.

Did you ever solve this?

Unfortunately encountered the same issue, car is not starting & stuck at the school up the street.

'01 Land Cruiser with 403k miles, starter was replaced around 200k mark. Have confirmed voltage of Battery to be 12.5V, and voltage at fuse box under Starter Relay is 12.3V. My dash looks identical to yours - all lights come on, but starter doesn't click at all. The 'click' I hear is coming from the Fuse box, and much fainter than a starter click. Have also tried shifting in to Neutral did not help.

No, it worked fine after I finally got it cranked. Kept pulsing the key and it finally turned over and cranked. This is very frustrating because I built this thing to enjoy in remote locations and I just don't trust it because it does this s*** randomly.

No, it worked fine after I finally got it cranked. Kept pulsing the key and it finally turned over and cranked. This is very frustrating because I built this thing to enjoy in remote locations and I just don't trust it because it does this s*** randomly.
Thanks. How many times did you pulse the key?

I've tried 3-4 times in a row, but afraid that will do more harm than good. (Probably comparing to when the battery is dead & over cranking can harm starter)

Thanks. How many times did you pulse the key?

I've tried 3-4 times in a row, but afraid that will do more harm than good. (Probably comparing to when the battery is dead & over cranking can harm starter)

Can't break broke.....I don't know 10-15 times. I had nothing to lose as I was on a remote island 7 hours from home.

Can't break broke.....I don't know 10-15 times. I had nothing to lose as I was on a remote island 7 hours from home.
Really appreciate your replies here.

I just did 10-15 times, without luck. But interestingly noticed that when I crank to 'ON', the dash lights stay on, but the clock/A/C lights turn off while I hold in 'ON'. Does that match yours? Seems like some of the lights on your dash turned off when trying to crank

When I say 10-15 times I mean I bump it, let it reset and bump it again.

Yeah as big as this place is you would think more people would help in these situations but unfortunately all searching does it come up with problems and no definite solutions.
Really appreciate your replies here.

I just did 10-15 times, without luck. But interestingly noticed that when I crank to 'ON', the dash lights stay on, but the clock/A/C lights turn off while I hold in 'ON'. Does that match yours? Seems like some of the lights on your dash turned off when trying to crank

Starter replaced, found the clip for the starter broken. Replaced it also. Hopefully this will solve my very intermittent problem. If not.....for sale it will go as I bought this thing to enjoy remotely

Just to update, no issues since the starter replacement
I want to thank you for posting this.

Timing was impeccable - my wife was just pushing me to get rid of my ‘01, saying it isn’t reliable. This was an important piece of evidence in my defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom