Builds BJ43 1979 “Save the beauty” (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Economist LC76 said:​

This is a Bridgestone All Around 7.00 R 16 Made in Japan around 20 years ago. Bought it via Yahoo Japan."

I would not imagine!
...or I should?
Auf jeden Fall Respekt/Respect in any case!

PS. Is it really a Radial tyre?

Last edited:

Economist LC76 said:​

This is a Bridgestone All Around 7.00 R 16 Made in Japan around 20 years ago. Bought it via Yahoo Japan."

I would not imagine!
...or I should?
Auf jeden Fall Respekt/Respect in any case!

PS. Is it really a Radial tyre?
Bias
49EB6F2D-CDAE-4B83-B744-AF0B586896E9.jpeg

Great stance, love the skinny tire look; just as Toyota intended and still currently does for the world market. If you ever driven a "fat tire" through some puddles of water on the road, you will quickly notice thay it will pull you to one side and almost make you loose control. With the skinny tires, you can comfortably hit puddles at 30mph and cut right through them without a worry. Once you get to 40+mph it gets sketchy....;)

@Economist LC76

Hi. Just fitted NOS leaf springs as well to my 1974 FJ40LV but still unable to drive it until I tick of all the roadworthiness checklist.

Curious on how does your BJ43 it ride and track vs your previous aftermarket (OME?) leaf spring.

Cheers!!
Hi. I like the original springs much more than the tuning ones. The first difference is in turns on country roads, before I had to slow down, now I continue driving. The average speed has increased. The shock absorbers work more correctly, since the original shock absorbers used to be short for springs with a lift. All in all, I enjoy driving.

@Economist LC76

Great to know and thanks for the info. I've been in the process of undoing all the suspension mods my father did to our fj40. Luckily I was able to source nos leaf springs as well for our 1974 fj40lv.

Thanks and hope to see more updates from your impeccable build.

Hi. I like the original springs much more than the tuning ones. The first difference is in turns on country roads, before I had to slow down, now I continue driving. The average speed has increased. The shock absorbers work more correctly, since the original shock absorbers used to be short for springs with a lift. All in all, I enjoy driving.
Impressed with your notice related to the performance of the original suspension.
Do the parts are readilly available at Toyota dealerships?
Do the prices are fair (or comparable to quality aftermarket, e.g. OME, Terrain Tamer)?

Impressed with your notice related to the performance of the original suspension.
Do the parts are readilly available at Toyota dealerships?
Do the prices are fair (or comparable to quality aftermarket, e.g. OME, Terrain Tamer)?
Springs, bushes and shocks can for the most part still be purchased from Toyota new. Pricing is quite a bit more than aftermarket.

Toyota's quality is unquestionably good. The real question should be how close does OME or Terrain Tamer come to Toyota quality? OME, close, Terrain Tamer and many other brands, not that close.

Some update on the project. 6000 km on the odometer.
Few upgrades were helpful.

Seat extension gives me fun to sit and to drive
phonto.jpeg

Speedometer light upgrade (white paint + extra watts) provides comfort for the night driving
IMG_3349.jpeg

Trail cover helps to park the car easier

Sep29.jpeg

DIY hood lock limits the kids curiosity
phonto.jpeg

Locked tool case saves the travel kit
phonto.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom