For Sale @ High Desert Cruisers (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

it's an older 8274 but yeah, I love those winches for the 40/50/60 landcruiser platform where they have the space up front.

dating a 8274:

From the Warn web site: Warn Industries - The history of the WARN M8274 winch

"Identifying early M8274s
Since the M8274 has been around for nearly 40 years, there are quite a few of them out there, many still performing regular recovery duty. We get a fair amount of requests to identify how old a specific M8274 is. Here's a way to identify them up until about the early 1990s.
  • On the top of the upper housing there will be a code with two letters and a number. For example, we'll use FB6.
  • The first letter stands for the month the winch was made (A=1, B=2, C=3, etc.). Therefore, with our example, F would equal the sixth month: June
  • The second letter stands for the working day of the month, not including Saturdays or Sundays. Our example says "B," which would be the second working day of the month.
  • The ending number represents the year the winch was made during the '70s or '80s. In this example, it's 6, so that'd be '76 or '86. (Remember, M8274 production started in '74 and this coding system stopped in the early 1990s, after that, Warn used serial numbers.) Beginning in about 1980, Warn switched from a metal socket on the control pack to a plastic socket. So, depending on which one your winch has would determine which year your M8274 was manufactured.

So this would be a January 1977 winch.

Pretty sure @Tank5 was looking for one.

Thanks for tagging me.

I bought one online that will need a rebuild and new control housing, so I am not looking as hard as I was. I would still be interested in another one if it was in good enough condition I could just bolt it up to the 80 bumper and run it as is. The posted winch doesn't interest me enough to drive to Farmington for it. Being it was build 40+ years ago I would expect it will need an overhaul.

I still have a M15000 I would love to sell if anyone needs a monster winch.

Pretty sure @Tank5 was looking for one.

Correction: @Tank5 is ALWAYS looking for a winch, chassis, body, suspension, engine, transmission and a wiring harness, landcruiser, pickup truck and last but not least, more dogs to foster :rofl:

Correction: @Tank5 is ALWAYS looking for a winch, chassis, body, suspension, engine, transmission and a wiring harness, landcruiser, pickup truck and last but not least, more dogs to foster :rofl:

I am not always looking, they all just seem to find me.:D What kind of person would turn them away.

I have a bag of processed .556 brass free. Lake City once fired, and 200 small rifle primers. Don't remember where they came from or how long I have had them.

Free!
PXL_20210307_185842913.MP.jpg

I can use the primers.

I have this exhaust that was pulled from a 87 FJ60 during a motor swap. It is in good condition with some newer parts on it. I am asking 100.00

2F8C3C23-FF43-4394-8759-9CA7874BFD03.jpeg

Exhaust is still available.

I've decided to sell my Hundy. I don't plan to be gone long, as I plan to find a Troopy to build in the next year, and may buy a 1st Gen Tacoma or earlier mini-truck If I get time to get out again soon.

So this is definitely not the forum for this but figured I’d give it a shot. I have a pitbull mix puppy that I can no longer keep. Long story short, my sister in law took him in as a rescue, he was tiny and underfed. She has nowhere to put him so asked if he could stay a few weeks till she could find someone, she never did.

If I had to guess he’s 6 months oldish. He was maybe 2 months when he showed up here in about November. He’s now caught up and healthy.

He’s real cute and playful but a handful, I just don’t have the time for him. I never intended to get another dog, it was just a weird situation. Anyway, I’m just looking for a good home for him. He answers to Dukey as the kids named him lol. He’s a bit bigger now, I’ll get better photos if anyone is interested.

A14B3095-B603-44BB-BD8C-19E2E072F4D0.jpeg

I have 1000 Winchester large rifle primers I would like to trade for .45 ACP 230 grain ball ammo. If you reload then you know what these are going for right now and the cost of ammo so please consider this when making an offer.

PXL_20210320_133109990.MP.jpg

Hi,
I've just posted my (local) 1998 LC 100 for sale here.
Happy to show it to anyone who's interested.
Neville

File_000 (1).jpg

File_001 (1).jpg

File_006.jpg

File_014.jpg

File_018.jpg

With Ron selling his in a day for high teens and yours listing for $20K, this makes me wonder if it's time to find a decent used 200-series and get a good chunk of money from my '99 with 130K miles to pay for it.

Aren't the 200s appreciating in their values equally?

My limited information is that the LCs are pricey and hard to find but the LX570s are more numerous and not commanding the same price premiums. But this is just based on very limited hearsay and anecdote. I'm seeing people on the 200-forum showing they're getting 08 - 10 LX570's in the $25-$30K range

My limited information is that the LCs are pricey and hard to find but the LX570s are more numerous and not commanding the same price premiums. But this is just based on very limited hearsay and anecdote.
That’s the ticket right there! The LXs are a bit cheaper and more numerous.

You can also fit 35” tires with much less hassle than the LCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom