Any pics the the black steelie 17" FJC wheels on a 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

motoloco

I am digging the FJC steelies on 40's. THANKS for the pics!

Hey Moto..when you get yours FJC steelies..did you plan to keep the black color or will you plan to change the color to the OEM 15 grey color ?? i´m just buy a set of 17 also,no tires yet..was wondering how it will look in grey color....what did u think,,,:D

:hmm: have not thought of grey 17" FJC steelies, you go first. I ended up with a new set of 35-12.50x 16" MTZ's , they came with some steel rockcrawler style rims but they are HEAVY, have no decided if I am going to swap for alum. rims.

:hillbilly: ok i´m just need to search color code for grey oem rims,then i will painted. Now its a good time for me cos i don´t have tires.. and for $50.00 for the 4 rims (17" FJC ) i can´t beat that anywhere..even on ebay or junk yard..i will post later how they looks..... need the code for the paint.???:idea:

:hillbilly: ok i´m just need to search color code for grey oem rims,then i will painted. Now its a good time for me cos i don´t have tires.. and for $50.00 for the 4 rims (17" FJC ) i can´t beat that anywhere..even on ebay or junk yard..i will post later how they looks..... need the code for the paint.???:idea:

If you really got 4 17" FJC rims for $50...you got a kickin good deal! They are going for top dollar.

So the question is, do you rub the leaves? Did you have to put on longer steering stops? Did it ruin your turning radius?

EDIT: I need to read more carefully. Can you answer the last 2 questions?

I don't rub the leaves, the lift saginaw power steering and tires/rims all went on at the same time. I did have to limit the front turning radius a little bit. However it is maybe limited about 15%. I can flip a U on an average size two lane street no problem.

Its like anything else, you don't notice it after the first couple of drives...

As for the back, I have stuffed the tires up there pretty good with no rubbing. I could see possibly rubbing on the tops of the wells in a good rock patch. Half inch spacers definitely wouldn't hurt.

MY 17 FJC rims for $50.00,finally home

Just got it today,like i said before no tires yet but my choice will be 34x10.50x17 Swampers LTB. Still thinking how it will look painted in grey color.:hmm::confused:
P1020841.jpg
P1020843.jpg
P1020842.jpg

here is my BJ43 with ,black painted toyota 17" rim and new 285/70x17 BFG mud

30 mm spacer (1.18") because of the positive offset on this rim., 'll have a better look with my futur 60 axles
and 'll be better with 35x12.5x17 or 37x12.5 BFG mud KM2

dsc04061ic6.jpg

Last edited:
3 INCH wheel spacers! :eek:

Any problems with those?

Not Yet.. My Plan is to build some new (wider) axles when i get a chance and take out the spacers..

But, if you think about it, the 4.5" bs w/3" spacers is the same as 1.5" spacers and 3" backspace, alot of yota guys run that combo. I check my Studs EVERY time i wheel!

and i got my wheels for $50 too! :cheers: everyone with an FJC takes them off and puts on the Bling ;)

id like to add some weld on beadlocks!

Last edited:
Just got it today,like i said before no tires yet but my choice will be 34x10.50x17 Swampers LTB. Still thinking how it will look painted in grey color.:hmm::confused:

I'm always a big fan of gray or silver for steel wheels... makes 'em look like NATO spec or non US stockers. DO IT!

:popcorn: yes,i will go to painted in grey oem .unless someone here steal my idea,,jajjaja i believe when other people see them in grey many will jump on those rims,and of course that will raise the demand on the FJC rims..so i think even if somebody post 1 than me....:mad: I'M still be THE FIRST ONE :flipoff2: LMAO..:cheers:

Not Yet.. My Plan is to build some new (wider) axles when i get a chance and take out the spacers..

But, if you think about it, the 4.5" bs w/3" spacers is the same as 1.5" spacers and 3" backspace, alot of yota guys run that combo. I check my Studs EVERY time i wheel!

Well... it's the same width but not the same. I'm thinking specifically about the amount of leverage on the end of the axle. Actually with the backspacing you are moving the wheel out farther from the end of the axle but it's the WHEEL not the mount. The 3" wheel spacers are adding a lot of additional leverage out at the end of the axle.

For the record I run AR767 steelies on my 71 FJ40 with 35s and I use 1.5" billet spacers. I don't particulalry like it though. I also plan on "someday" getting the right wheels. And yep... check those wheel studs!

No, he's right, it is the same. If you add spacers to a wheel, then, yes, you do increase the leverage (its actually a moment) at the axle. But, if you are talking about 2 separate wheel/spacer combo's like he is then its practically the same thing.

FWIW, I don't particularly like spacers because I don't trust their torque retention method. OEM wheels are manufactured with concavity at the mounting surface to help hold lug nut torque tension. I'm not sure if these spacers have any concavity built in, and even if they do, you've got twice the lugnuts to come loose. But, what do I know, I only design wheels for a living, 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week.

Well... it's the same width but not the same. I'm thinking specifically about the amount of leverage on the end of the axle. Actually with the backspacing you are moving the wheel out farther from the end of the axle but it's the WHEEL not the mount. The 3" wheel spacers are adding a lot of additional leverage out at the end of the axle.

For the record I run AR767 steelies on my 71 FJ40 with 35s and I use 1.5" billet spacers. I don't particulalry like it though. I also plan on "someday" getting the right wheels. And yep... check those wheel studs!

Thanks Angus, i thought My logic was right. Regardless It is a goal of mine to get rid of the Spacers, and thereby Eliminate the Scrub Radius, and poor steering properties.

i get alot of Comments on them, "Dam those are some big spacers", Or "how big are those Spacers?"

But they have worked great so far.. and the FJC steel wheels are Killer, i just did them because they where cheep, but they gave the rig a cool look. and i can fit in with the Yuppie FJC guys now ;)

Isotel said.....

FJC steel wheels are Killer, i just did them because they where cheep, but they gave the rig a cool look........ :D and i can fit in with the Yuppie FJC guys now <<<<<LMAO that's a Good One

Here is mine being mocked up. It’s got an OME lift. I’ll be putting 33x10 on there eventually.

B7930271-8FC1-43A5-B67F-0FACE3190E9B.jpeg

1F9C0F7A-454C-487C-B060-7E92A0679980.jpeg

Here is mine being mocked up. It’s got an OME lift. I’ll be putting 33x10 on there eventually.

View attachment 2397607

View attachment 2397608

I know it’s been a couple years but I was wondering how that turned out? I want to run 16 inch steelies like you’ve got showing and have 255/85 R16 tires which is about the same as a 33x10. Did you need spacers? I just ordered mine but I would like to know if I need to cancel the order because I would rather not run too thick of spacers. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom