35-ish tire on a 17-18” custom hubcap steelie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y’all

Wondering if anyone has done/seen something tall&skinny on a stock-looking custom hubcap-accepting rim. Not looking for the FJ retro’s but maybe something done from American Steel?
If so, what offset using “stock” axel widths?
Currently running a set of forged M/T-Alcoa 15x10 F/R with 35” BFG muds and have broke rear driver side axels(2) and one set of hardened hub studs. Considering going smaller/lighter/skinner. Would aid in flex too

Thanks in advance for any input and/or pictures.
I’ve been unsuccessful finding something similar to what I’m talking about

I make rings to put the hubcaps on 17" Toyota spare steelies, those are a 17x7.5 with 4.25" ish backspace

I also stock the hubcaps and rims and can weld them for you for additional if you'd like.
Below are some pics from @CondeCruiser recent install.

20230924_093800.jpg
20230929_145934.jpg

E089276D-C5A8-45D1-99A5-979808E7F97B.jpeg

Read through this build for a few pages starting here:

35x10.5x17 Kenda Klevers on 17" steelies with OEM hubcaps attached by custom means.

1123.jpg

Last edited:
Another 17" wheel option with OEM hubcaps fitted:

Shown here, but I don't see the details on the actual wheels used or method of attaching the hubcap. User is still active, so likely could get details through PM or replying to the thread.

20211015_191642-COLLAGE.jpg

I make rings to put the hubcaps on 17" Toyota spare steelies, those are a 17x7.5 with 4.25" ish backspace

I also stock the hubcaps and rims and can weld them for you for additional if you'd like.
Below are some pics from @CondeCruiser recent install.

View attachment 3458806View attachment 3458809
View attachment 3458808
Thanks for the info! Any spacers needed on a pig?

Shown here, but I don't see the details on the actual wheels used or method of attaching the hubcap. User is still active, so likely could get details through PM or replying to the thread.

View attachment 3459292
Thanks!

Thanks for the info! Any spacers needed on a pig?
I am not running spacers on the disc brake axle in my 40. Tie rods clear by about 1 1/2".

View attachment 3459292

Those are mine - they're a 17x8 Vision Rally wheel:

I ended up fabbing up a new lip on the hubcap itself to clip to the rim where the typical Chevy rally dishes would go. Size and backspacing works nicely, and the 17 gives a bit more room around the front discs.

Tires are a bit smaller than 35s though - more like 32s. (255/75/17 if I recall)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom