Lx450 Deflare (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used bondo with the fiberglass stuff impregnated. Put it over drywall tape. Held up for 3 years now. I did the lighter stuff on a few spots and it cracked. I planed to use monstaliner but haven’t gotten to it yet.
The drywall tap on the outside?

I cheated I found a fj80 that was the same color and bought the doors, then i only had a few holes to weld up and extra parts like locks switches and such door were cheap at 65 bucks each

image.jpg
31E45E43-4E0A-4FF4-8D51-83C8E37F80AC.jpeg
9E2D5438-783D-42FA-A4F5-E7E23C1DA2BF.jpeg

You skipped past the how part. How & what did you use to fill the holes.
Please link any resources.
Thanks, Im half decladded myself.

Last edited:
You skipped past the how part. How & what did you se to fill the holes.

Cross post from the “Monstalined 80s” thread

Desert sand monstaliner. Did the job by myself which was a bit of a pain so get a helper if you can. I used drywall tape and fiberglass body filler. I also scuffed up and painted all the trim and grill. Used regular krylon primer and paint. I used adhesion promoter on the mirrors. My window moulding clips mostly all broke when I pulled them so planning to replace them might be a good strategy. I was able to salvage a few so I just replaced the front for now. This took me probably 16 hours total over three days. One day to break the truck down, one to paint, one to reassemble once dry. I took off the hood and the door handles and snorkel and left the rest in place.

Yes very nice. Is there a write up on the drywall tape & fiberglass filler?

You skipped past the how part. How & what did you use to fill the holes.

I used steel stick. On the holes with access including the doors I pulled the interior trim and press from both sides. I also sanded down to bare metal around the holes to give extra grip. So far I’m satisfied. Seems to me to be the best compromise if you are not gonna weld.

I'm about half way through this process now. I pulled all the door panels, rear access and blinker lights to tape behind as many holes as possible. I used HVAC foil tape on the back side and that made using the bondo glass way easier. On the rockers and the few holes I couldn't access, I'm just having to build up enough bondo glass to cover. I'm hoping to get back out in the garage on Saturday to finish up. I'll just primer over everything until I'm ready to put on the monstaliner.

filling holes.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom