Slight hesitation between 2200-2500rpm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve had the slight hesitation for a while now between about 2200-2500rpms most noticeable in 1st and 2nd. Less in 3rd and rarely in 4th.
A lil background. Truck sat for 15 years and when I got it I replaced the vacuum lines, cleaned fuel lines and tank. New fuel pump. Rebuilt carb by Marks Offroad.
Carb tuned and timing done a few months back. Timing was way advanced for some reason.
Doing some searching and with some advice from a friend I started at the accelerator pump. I read from OSS in an old thread, I read in a thread that OSS said, “You can verify if the AP is squirting fuel by taking off the air cleaner housing and looking down the carb throat when you actuate the accelerator rod. You should see a strong spray of gasoline squirt down into the manifold. Not a dribble.”

By looking at this video does this look normal?
It’s kinda hard to hear but you can hear the engine accelerate then hesitate and the regain an increase in rpm.
Posting from my phone...

I have the same symptom that is chalked up to the EGR opening around 2000k rpm I disconnected it once and plugged the vac line with a golf tee and the hesitation was gone. Plugged it back in and now I just live with it. Worth a quick try to isolate it if you haven't already.

I have the same symptom that is chalked up to the EGR opening around 2000k rpm I disconnected it once and plugged the vac line with a golf tee and the hesitation was gone. Plugged it back in and now I just live with it. Worth a quick try to isolate it if you haven't already.
Oh nice. I’ll try that. Thanks

Yup. Night and day. So nice driving with out hesitation. GOing to attempt to clean it when I get some more free time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom