OFFICIAL Sign-Up Thread for Christmas Tree Weekends support to Forest Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
This is the "official" volunteer sign-up thread.

Dates are Saturday, December 7; Sunday, December 8; Saturday, December 14; Sunday December 15.

Reply with date(s) you can support. For example "I will be there on the 8th."

Here is the link to the Forest Service page about the tree cutting program:

000_0001.JPG

Last edited:
Here are some bits to provide an overview of a typical volunteer day.

We meet at the Crystola convenience store between 8am and 8:30 am. Then we convoy to the FS work station on Rampart Range Road. The FS Rangers give us a safety brief and update on road conditions. They tell us which Rangers are working in different sections of the forest.

We split into groups of three, sometimes two depending upon the number of volunteers present. Each group is assigned an area and given a FS radio to enable communications between the group and the Ranger in the field. By 10am we go into the forest and make radio link-up with the Ranger.

Most of our time is spent either patrolling the FS Roads, or parking near intersections to observe traffic. Sometimes we find a stuck vehicle, and sometimes people stop and tell us they've seen a stuck vehicle. In either case, we'll radio the Ranger to inform him/her.

Usually, we stay on the mountain until 4pm or 5pm.

If you have specific questions or need more info, send me a DM.

I was just talking with Vicki about plans today. I should be good for the second Saturday (7th) and maybe Sunday (8th)

"I will be there on the 7th."
8th is a small maybe, I may have some stuff going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAS
Sign me up for the 14th. I’ll be chasing elk the first weekend.

My friend Jake will be coming with his truck on the 14th as well.

Update- he is in for the morning, leaving at 1:00

Last edited:
Looking at that map and the multiple areas for cutting, this is going to be a challenge. I will be available Sunday the 8th for the whole day for sure, and possibly the entire next weekend. I will post back confirmation on the 14-15th

I plan to be there on 12/8.
Nice touch using the red and green vehicles for the Christmas tree thread! Btw, that's a really cool looking 4Runner, but I'm surprised a LandCruiser club would let that in. Next thing you know you'll be allowing J**P guys to hang around...!!

Looking at that map and the multiple areas for cutting, this is going to be a challenge. I will be available Sunday the 8th for the whole day for sure, and possibly the entire next weekend. I will post back confirmation on the 14-15th

I am good for a full day on the 14th. I am unable to do the 15th.

Not going to make it any of these dates...working both weekends. I did post up on Rising Sun in case anybody wants to come down and help out. I said to post in this forum to let us know. Have fun out there and be safe!

Renee and I will do the 8th and 14th. I don’t know if we will be in two trucks or just one. It will probably depend on if we need more vehicles.

I'll be there on the 7th and probably the 8th. It will be good to see the group again. Time to fire up the Car-B-Que.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom