Christmas Tree Cutting Day 6 Sunday December 10 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Meet at the Divide Philips 66 at 7:45 am. Leave at 8:15 and go check in with the Forest Rangers at the Rule Ridge parking lot at 8:30. That is where we air down and get a briefing on the latest conditions, areas to patrol, FS radio issue, magnetic sign issue, maps etc.

Remember to bring a GMRS radio (we use channel 5-0), recovery gear, winter clothes, tire chains, coffee and lunch.

We do a debrief with the FS Rangers at 3:00 pm, return FS gear, air up and go home.

Please reply to this thread if you plan on going on this day.

I'll be going on Sunday. On Friday the weather report was Sunday morning low of 9 with a high of 40, snow stopping early and turning partly cloudy.

Where is every body? Only me today with my rider Brandon. Got the morning briefing and then chained up front and rear. We stayed on the lower end of FR357 and some of the side roads. Everything was very quiet until 2:15. the FS told us of a stuck car on FR364. It was a rental car with Florida plates. I pulled it out of the ditch and back on the road. He backed up a ways and made a run for it and ended up in the ditch farther up the road. Hooked back up and stated pulling him up the road and was working the Lexus pretty hard. I was watching in my mirror and saw the front tires not rolling and being drug along the snow. I stopped and went back and asked him if he was on the brakes, no, was he in first gear, yes, for some reason the front would not roll unless he was in first gear and was lightly on the gas. I pulled him up on to FR357. Went back down and pulled a certain plow truck up the ditch so he could get a running start to pop out of the ditch. Then an Explorer with bald tires was in the ditch in about the same place. We pulled him backwards onto the road. He got back in the ditch and was nice enough to be so far in the ditch that I got past him and hooked on to his front and pulled him up to FR357. We drove a couple of miles North and helped secure a Christmas tree on a car that people we struggling to tie down. While following them South we came across a front wheel drive car making a valiant effort to get up a hill. After 4 runs up the hill and not making the top, we put a strap on him and pulled him 50 feet to get over the hill. Soft shackles ROCK. Got back and dropped tire chains about 6:00. I make that to be 6 VR, but who would be counting.

DSCN2452.JPG
DSCN2460.JPG
DSCN2462.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry David. I had full intentions of being there, but woke up not feeling well. I hate to see only one vehicle show up. It’s not a good look for us. Glad you were able to handle things. Looks like a job well done!

Reactions: SAS
David, you are the king of extractions! I think I held the previous record by pulling an F450 out several years ago, but you pulled an F550 plow truck out Sunday.

Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom