Christmas Tree Cutting Day 8 Sunday December 17 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Meet at the Divide Philips 66 at 7:45 am. Leave at 8:15 and go check in with the Forest Rangers at the Rule Ridge parking lot at 8:30. That is where we air down and get a briefing on the latest conditions, areas to patrol, FS radio issue, magnetic sign issue, maps etc.

Remember to bring a GMRS radio (we use channel 5-0), recovery gear, winter clothes, tire chains, coffee and lunch.

We do a debrief with the FS Rangers at 3:00 pm, return FS gear, air up and go home.

Please reply to this thread if you plan on going on this day.

Title corrected. I will be there.

David and I will bring extra tire chains. Mine will fit your tires.

Reactions: SAS
Here are a few images.

IMG_0419.jpeg

IMG_0420.jpeg

IMG_0421.jpeg

There was lots of razor and ATV action at Phantom Creek.

IMG_0431.jpeg

IMG_0429.jpeg

Beautiful Blue sky day. Vic, Malcolm, Anthony, Jacob and son, David and Lydia made it out today with 5 vehicles. Anthony pulled out an Escape. Bubba Claus made an appearance. Watching people do the water crossing was the height of the day. On the way out we watched a Jeep struggling to pull on his wife's Pathfinder that advertised 4WD on the rear but could only spin the front tires.
Tow.jpg
Bubba Claus.JPG
Lunch.jpg
Pull.jpg

Last edited:
At the January meeting the question that was asked was "how many hours did we volunteer during the Christmas Tree Cutting Patrols?".

The grand total is 368.5 hours. That number is members and includes visitors and adult riders. Sorry I didn't track kids and who they rode with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom