Correct routing of transmission cooler lines? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I pulled my radiator/shroud/fan so that I could install my new radiator and I have a suspicion that the trans cooler lines are either not routed correctly or i am missing a clamp or bracket. Can someone point me to a picture of the lines in the area where the spiral loom is wrapped around the hoses near the bottom DS of the radiator. My hoses are bundles together and routed in such a way that it is extremely difficult to remove/install the shroud and radiator. The hose that connects the hard-line at the front of the block to the radiator seems like the only hose that should be close to the radiator and the two with the spiral wrap going to the cooler should be out of the way and not wedged up against the radiator. I noticed that the bracket coming up from the frame rail that holds the coiled hard-lines(brake lines?) has 2 large holes in it, are the hoses supposed to pass through that bracket and that's why they are wrapped in spiral wrap?

Bump...anyone have a picture or know if it's located in the FSM?

download your FSM, there's a link in my Signature.

Attachments

• Components (1996 Land Cruiser) Radiator.pdf
    73.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Installation (1996 Land Cruiser) Radiator.pdf
    91.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Removal (1996 Land Cruiser) Air Cooled Oil Cooler.pdf
    63.7 KB · Views: 153
okay i hope this is clear enough. this is not a factory setup but the routing is much more open and clear. your truck will not be this easy to see. that corner of the radiator is a total mess of hoses..

the hose on the right side of the picture goes to the pipe that goes through the core support and into the cooler. the hose on the left of this picture goes to the passenger side of the radiator.

Untitled by bill bill, on Flickr

this is the pipe config of the previously mentioned pipe through the core support.
the right side pipe/hose goes to the drivers side of the radiator.
the left side hose goes to the pipe on the engine in previous picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom