13B-T glow screen question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally getting things buttoned back up from a bunch of engine maintenance and component rebuilds and got a little overzealous trying to clean burnt oil residue from my glow screen.

I pulled the heating elements and when putting back together broke one of the little metal springs that appears to keep tension on the ?plastic end pieces. I'm nearly certain I can't get a new glow screen and if I could wouldn't want to pay $500+ to replace just this little piece of metal. Any ideas on what exactly this piece does or options for fixing without trying to get a new or secondhand glow screen? Thoughts about just putting it back together without it?

The first picture shows the little metal strip on one side that I didn't break. The second picture is the side I did break. Third picture I stole from another thread to show what it should look like put back together (without the heating elements).

Thanks
IMG-1642.JPG
IMG-1643.JPG
complete glow screen.jpg

My guess (and thats all it is) is that you would be fine running it that way. It appears it's just a piece to hold tension on those "pins" It gets sandwiched from the venturi and manifold so unless its really loose and rattling and has a chance to break free, I would assume you are ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom