heater control valve part numbers, clamp suggestions + install advice? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi all,

i need to do the heater control valve and associated hoses. reading up here and hoping for a little help.

can anyone please help me finalize a parts list and strategy please?

parts:
1. 2’ of gates green stripe 5/8” from the local flaps? [not the 1/2” which is for the PHH or is it the other way around?]
2. then i just need the TWO /curved/ hoses in this diagram? i think i see:
87248-60480 is 87248A
what is 87245B in the diagram? 87245-60340 or 88245-60480? the more expensive one i guess?
3. any suggestions on HOSE CLAMPS please? i think i have all the OEM cotter pin deals. but i see a reference to totota spring clamps, toyota screw clamps and to a constant tension clamp (which i guess is ideal or only necessary if you use silcone hose?). i have a toyota dealer here and also grainger’s but can obviously order on-line if necessary.
4. 1 gallon toyota red.

install:
A. verify PHH was done.
B. top off coolant reservoir (?) with totota red?
C. replace heater control valve and hook up all new hoses.
D. er, - - start vehicle?
E. turn on heat.
F. leave heat on and check for leaks?
G. turn off vehicle and top off coolant reservoir again.
H. turn on vehicle and let heater run and check again for leaks?

thoughts?

images below are from FSM, toyota parts desk, cruiser dan, toyota parts desk.

THANKS

referenced threads: Cooling System Overhaul Pieces and Parts?

A8D1E2AA-FE1B-451B-830A-9D8A701D21FB.jpeg

D0BD6B13-1FAA-4E40-BE1B-8B5EA66A6F17.jpeg

061E5106-F636-494A-AABD-BD3B12F37172.jpeg

1C63B502-EDAF-47D2-9169-40D9C2654371.jpeg

Last edited:

DD,
thanks a ton for the eyeballs. so i have not shopped around yet. getting cold here so i would like to get moving.
can i please ask - i am seeing 60170 on the PO from the toyota parts desk here in town. the link (/THANKS/) shows 60160.
obviously i’d love to save some money. but i think i must need the 60170?!
also, they are showing the hoses at $50 a pop. so i suppose if i can get my part numbers straight for those i can get working on some heat!
- jon

DD,
thanks a ton for the eyeballs. so i have not shopped around yet. getting cold here so i would like to get moving.
can i please ask - i am seeing 60170 on the PO from the toyota parts desk here in town. the link (/THANKS/) shows 60160.
obviously i’d love to save some money. but i think i must need the 60170?!
also, they are showing the hoses at $50 a pop. so i suppose if i can get my part numbers straight for those i can get working on some heat!
- jon

good point
what year is your rig?

for OEM fitment i go to

Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Toyota Parts and Accessories Online

put your VIN number there you will get conformation if it dosent fit then use View similar parts

JDM parts some time are not in the USA database but do fit contact Japaneses seller and ask

fit.JPG

upload_2018-11-20_6-55-55.png

good point
what year is your rig?

for OEM fitment i go to

Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Toyota Parts and Accessories Online

put your VIN number there you will get conformation if it dosent fit then use View similar parts

JDM parts some time are not in the USA database but do fit contact Japaneses seller and ask

View attachment 1835756

View attachment 1835754

thanks DD.

i may be moving here finally. i have a 1997 lx450. image of the part i needed from the site you linked is below.

that said, i may have to figure out those PRN (?) numbers or whatever they are (can’t find my notes at the moment).

the FSM /diagrams/ have a five digit PREFIX which is across all toyota (?) vehicles and basically “geographically” locates the part by function or something? does that make sense?

then the PART NUMBER also has a five digit SUFFIX appended to the prefix and this is needed to actually order the part?

i mean. these hoses are a good example because it is almost impossible (at least initially AFAIK) to get from the FSM prefix to the full part number isn’t it? i mean. i have the part numbers all listed above but i can’t tell for sure which is which in at least one case.

- jon

93EAFF24-F81A-4D66-9A9B-1DDB57DE2749.png

thanks DD.

i may be moving here finally. i have a 1997 lx450. image of the part i needed from the site you linked is below.

that said, i may have to figure out those PRN (?) numbers or whatever they are (can’t find my notes at the moment).

the FSM /diagrams/ have a five digit PREFIX which is across all toyota (?) vehicles and basically “geographically” locates the part by function or something? does that make sense?

then the PART NUMBER also has a five digit SUFFIX appended to the prefix and this is needed to actually order the part?

i mean. these hoses are a good example because it is almost impossible (at least initially AFAIK) to get from the FSM prefix to the full part number isn’t it? i mean. i have the part numbers all listed above but i can’t tell for sure which is which in at least one case.

- jon

View attachment 1835762

@hotwheels2017 i will teach you what took me 1 year of struggling :)

I use the toyota global web site

TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 80FZJ80L-GNPEKA - ELECTRICAL - HEATING AIR CONDITIONING WATER PIPING | Japan Parts EU

you can put your VIN number so it will remember your rig or just use the menu

you get all catalog in high resolution with the 5 dig prefix if you press the prefix you get a new window with the full toyota number

1111a.jpg

If you have a toyota number you can find which cars use it by groups and markets and press the group you will get more details

2222.jpg

hope I helped

I just did mine 4 days ago. Here's what I used:

Napa/Four seasons heater valve

Gates safety strip heater hose 5/8

Ace hardware 7/8 spring clamps

Pretty easy. Just assemble everything before you bolt the heater valve assembly back in. And use red scotch brite to clean the metal hose fittings.

TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 80FZJ80L-GNPEKA - ELECTRICAL - HEATING AIR CONDITIONING WATER PIPING | Japan Parts EU

you get all catalog in high resolution with the 5 dig prefix if you press the prefix you get a new window with the full toyota number

View attachment 1835805

If you have a toyota number you can find which cars use it by groups and markets and press the group you will get more details

View attachment 1835806

hope I helped

oh, man. that’s /awesome/. thanks a ton. talk about teaching a guy to fish...

View attachment 1835805

View attachment 1835806

hope I helped

lol. “North Amerika”...

EB836F0F-C7B7-4A34-9EE7-6EF3AEFDDA98.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom