Heater Control Valve (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Apologies in advance for my stupidity.

got a 91 fj80 3fe and have a couple questions regarding the heater control valve:

1. for the 91 its discontinued but i can find one for a 93 and 95-97 - would they be compatible for my 91?

2. is the heater control valve something that can be cleaned (do most just replace) or just better off replacing?

Thanks for the help!

got a 91 fj80 3fe and have a couple questions regarding the heater control valve:

1. for the 91 its discontinued but i can find one for a 93 and 95-97 - would they be compatible for my 91?

2. is the heater control valve something that can be cleaned (do most just replace) or just better off replacing?

Thanks for the help!
The 91-92 version is opposite of the 93+ versions. The lever moves the opposite direction for flow/no flow.

You need to replace the entire thing.

RockAuto shows the SAME part number for 91 and 96. I have the one for the 96 installed on my 96. You have to remove the swing arm from the old valve and install it on the new valve. You MAY be able to turn the valve around and install it the opposite direction to get the movement you desire.

Try it and confirm.

It is showing 74780 Four Seasons part number for both years. I'm pretty sure that's not the case unless there is some sort of way to bolt it on differently.

The 91-92 version is opposite of the 93+ versions. The lever moves the opposite direction for flow/no flow.

You need to replace the entire thing.

RockAuto shows the SAME part number for 91 and 96. I have the one for the 96 installed on my 96. You have to remove the swing arm from the old valve and install it on the new valve. You MAY be able to turn the valve around and install it the opposite direction to get the movement you desire.

Try it and confirm.

It is showing 74780 Four Seasons part number for both years. I'm pretty sure that's not the case unless there is some sort of way to bolt it on differently.
appreciate the help let me give it a try and ill keep ya posted

Made a 95 and up one work on 91hdj. Changed the arm or lever and mounted it. Did not flip anything, just the lever and how it mounted, was easy.

Made a 95 and up one work on 91hdj. Changed the arm or lever and mounted it. Did not flip anything, just the lever and how it mounted, was easy.
That’s great. This gives me renewed hope. Appreciate the reply

Thanks for the help!
WillVan has a post with substitute options from another Toyota vehicle that work on a 91-92 model. Search under his name or mine under rear heater delete and you should find the thread.

WillVan has a post with substitute options from another Toyota vehicle that work on a 91-92 model. Search under his name or mine under rear heater delete and you should find the thread.
This is great info! Bookmarked the thread, appreciate the information pointing me in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom