Installation 1.25" Thick Hub Centric Wheel Spacer 1994 LC with FF axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok it dosent fit :bang: although they told me it fits :deadhorse: as @Tools R Us told me in advance it wont fit but it was to late i already ordered it

so we had to nibble 0.5 mm from the centric rim with a Lathe and we were good:bounce:

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-12 at 17.36.39.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-11-12 at 17.40.30.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-11-12 at 17.41.58.jpeg

Before

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-12 at 17.56.20.jpeg

after

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-12 at 17.56.30.jpeg

The 1.5 spidertrax spacers from Slee fit perfect without any customizing. Spacers are sketchy enough, why risk using any spacers besides spidertrax.

Question to all, is it okay that the front wheels are left with just a small slice of hub to sit on? Doesn’t seem like a lot of support for off-roading.

The next 'after' will be the one where the brake disc is dragging on the ground because the wheel's gone awol. hopefully not on the highway.

I did Slee’s 1.5” Spidertrax spacers.

No trouble with install on my 96’ LX450.

With Sequoia wheels & 35x11.5r17 wheels they are back to stock width.

The next 'after' will be the one where the brake disc is dragging on the ground because the wheel's gone awol. hopefully not on the highway.

Guess I missed it, what do you see that makes you predict that?

The 1.5 spidertrax spacers from Slee fit perfect without any customizing. Spacers are sketchy enough, why risk using any spacers besides spidertrax.

What makes them any better than other brands?

I learned my 96 had wheel spacers, 300 miles after purchase. Had vibrations on braking really bad about 20 seconds prior to. Had just slowed down from 70mph

D096AF4B-C04C-4E36-9F83-464F5036AF79.jpeg

Notice how the spacer warped before the lugs sheared

64E9C8EA-98E9-45D8-911F-C9DEB24E883F.jpeg

I learned my 96 had wheel spacers, 300 miles after purchase. Had vibrations on braking really bad about 20 seconds prior to. Had just slowed down from 70mph

View attachment 1835802

Notice how the spacer warped before the lugs sheared

View attachment 1835803

@Enders which brand was that ? made in USA? did you torqued according to installation instructions, what torque did you apllay

yours are not centric...

That is scary

@Enders which brand was that ? made in USA? did you torqued according to installation instructions, what torque did you apllay

yours are not centric...

That is scary
Spacers are scary, at least to me they are

the best in the market are made of steel not aluminum but cost a lot of money

https://www.sahara4x4.com/b2c/produ...wheel-spacers-steel-toyota-land-cruiser-hdj80

with aluminum spacers never use air gun to close the wheel use manual tools only!!!!! and then are safe

in any case before catastrophic failure you will get wheel vibrations

Only $100 more than spidertrax. For that added weight and cost you can get an set of steel procomps with an offset that will give you the flush look for a few bucks more.

100%. never use an air gun and always use lock-tight.

Question to all, is it okay that the front wheels are left with just a small slice of hub to sit on? Doesn’t seem like a lot of support for off-roading.
I don’t think it’s a Spidertrax is better thing. I had some Spidertrax on a previous Jeep and the wheel fell off on the highway resulting in a roll over. Two studs sheared off and the other three were stripped. In my opinion spacer failures are most likely user error as in not torqueing them correctly or not willing to remove 24 lug nuts to get to the other 24 nuts to recheck torque. I take full responsibility in what happened in my roll over. I had a full week of wheeling in Ouray and Moab and only checked nuts on wheels, not spacers, before driving back to Texas.

I have very similar spacers on my 80, machined the same way. They're cheap Ebay units, not the magical Spidertrax ones. No problems for the last couple years and 25K-ish miles. I'll update you all after I die. o_O

The hub-centric ring doesn't need to be very strong, it should not need to do anything besides center the wheel on installation.

I torqued the spacer nuts when I first installed them, with Loctite. The wheel lugs ALWAYS get an impact wrench, and have anti-seize on the threads.

Got in a 45mph rollover with wheel spacers and none of the wheels came off, spacers still looked perfect when I pulled them off the 'runner. That's a whole lotta force on the spacers. Torqued to manufacturer recommendation (85 ft lbs IIRC), installed with locktite, went back and re-checked torque after 100 miles. I think the vast majority of spacer failures are user error. BUT, it is introducing one more thing to keep an eye on, so if you're not the type of person to keep an eye on things, maybe not a good idea for you. :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom