Cleaning Rear Evap Core (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fooldall1

Handy Enthusiast
Threads
Anyone here ever cleaned the Rear Evap core? Any tips?

I asked about this when I did my front but didn't get any info. I did see what looks like a possible drain under the passenger wheel well, assume you would run the same cleaner in there but wanted to make sure 100% what that was before I go shooting chemicals inside.

I asked about this when I did my front but didn't get any info. I did see what looks like a possible drain under the passenger wheel well, assume you would run the same cleaner in there but wanted to make sure 100% what that was before I go shooting chemicals inside.

Yeah, thanks- Me too. I guess it's going to be taking off the body panel and checking it out. I'll post some pics when I do it. I have a hard time believing NO ONE here has cleaned it. :)

Thanks bucfl!

I took my cover off exposing the case housing the rear evap; I didn't see a removable access panel to view inside, so I figured the only way to get in there is disconnect the evap lines and remove the whole thing. I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time).. so please report back what you find!

I took my cover off exposing the case housing the rear evap; I didn't see a removable access panel to view inside, so I figured the only way to get in there is disconnect the evap lines and remove the whole thing. I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time).. so please report back what you find!
There are definitely drain lines, or at least one, to access the evaporator I just am not personally confident I've found them to use the cleaner. I don't want to shoot it into a body drain and waste it. This is assuming you're only cleaning yours also with the AC Refresher stuff, if you're doing a repair or need to pull the evaporator out as a whole then ignore what I said.

Yeah, not looking to replace- i would THINK that the shoot-in stuff would clean the coils..but who knows? I will report report what I find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom