62 rear heater (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

86aggie

SILVER Star
Threads
Is the slider on the rear of the console the only way to control coolant flow to the rear heater?

Last edited:
Believe so. The fan switch has two settings, high and low. I never had a lot of heat coming out of there, but it made some difference. Discovered my lines were so corroded that they were beginning to weep, so they've been bypassed and no heat at all.

I'm guessing it is plugged. run clean water through the lines backwards and see what comes pouring out.

does the front have heat?

I actually had the reverse issue of most. I have my console off while I am installing BMW seats, and realized how hot the rear heater housing was getting. I had a big diesel truck once that had a valve in the engine compartment that allowed you to turn off the coolant flow during warmer weather and was wondering if I had missed something similar all these years on the 62. I read references to the valve for the rear heater, and the only location I was seeing referenced was the slider. The solution to the excess heat was just to slide the control to the left.

Thanks for the willingness to help.

Hi, There is a turn off switch on the dash. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom