Rando Hose and Some Chewings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey gang!

So I was topping off the water in my battery and charging it up when I noticed something odd. There was a bulk of junk by the spark plug coils. I took off the engine beauty cover to find that the junk was the heat shield foam. It was obviously chewed and I know there has been a bunch of chat about that. My question though is what is the cracked hose above that area?
D58C3542-04BE-469E-9222-F1AAF307ADBA.jpeg

Hmmm Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the vacuum switch assembly harness? Where do those two wires go anyway? It seems that was chewed through. I'm going to attempt a solder/splice. I guess I'll try to electrical tape the vacuum hose until I can get a replacement.

I wonder how important that foam crap is. It sure is a nuisance.

You can probably get one of those butt splice connectors for tubing and hose clamp it on to fix the tubing issue

I wonder how important that foam crap is. It sure is a nuisance.

The hose is pretty cheap. I was thinking of just electrical tape because there are actually 3 brakes in that hose. I did review the other hoses/wires in the area and they're good. My real concern is the connector for the vacuum assembly. I'm hoping that soldering the wires together and sealing them in a heat shrink tube will work. I've no idea what a test would look like, since I've apparently been driving it like this for an unknown amount of time.

My concern is that I don't have an OBD2 reader yet (on the way). There were no lights on the dash and I only saw the pile of heat shield around that lower harness. So, who knows if I have other issues elsewhere =/

Shadetree mechanic day...

So I got the splices soldered and then shrink tubed. I also shrink tubed the vacuum hose. Tape wasn’t going to cut it and the temp rating was too low for it anyway.

How do I know if the system is functioning properly? I couldn’t detect any leaks from the hose. The shrink tube was sealed solid at the ends.
9F0D9421-708C-4D2B-AF45-61F8CCAE2A43.jpeg
E057A5C1-B772-468B-8B19-1C4F94694870.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom