CSC Random picture thread (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like ball lightning. Very rare occurrence. Ball lightning - Wikipedia

My only "nightmare" from Whitehorse involved someone driving by and seeing a winch on my dad's blazer at, yes you guessed it, dinner time. Dad had BBQ chicken on the grill about half done and these folks asked for assistance. They were a couple miles down the road and stuck, "not bad," but stuck. Well, three hours later, muddy, tired and hungry, we come back to... No, it wasn't cold, it was GONE!. :devil: I am surprised by two brothers lived through the night...

Opportunity for a quick day trip. Great spot we all enjoy...lots of wash outs with recent rains.

X0T8Osr.jpg

@Azmantra

Last edited:
Mt. Ord !

thought it was edge of the world but no then I saw the lake.

kind of looks like 4 peaks to El Oso Rd, looking down into Roosevelt lake. Then again, my mind and memory not the best these days, or ever really :)

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum.:)

That last one was #1 in the US.

Is the one your talking about white. Been some confusion on which one was the first FJ25 imported to the US. TLC restored one for Toyota that was suppose be the first one. Believe in 1971 Toyota had a magazine ad asking how long will it last. Show what was suppose to be the first one sold, it was white. Have one of those ads in my collection. Hear only one was sold in 1958 be a few around that were made in 58 and sold in 59. Know of someone with a 60 production titled as a 62. Have two 60 production titled as 61s.

Is the one your talking about white. Been some confusion on which one was the first FJ25 imported to the US. TLC restored one for Toyota that was suppose be the first one. Believe in 1971 Toyota had a magazine ad asking how long will it last. Show what was suppose to be the first one sold, it was white. Have one of those ads in my collection. Hear only one was sold in 1958 be a few around that were made in 58 and sold in 59. Know of someone with a 60 production titled as a 62. Have two 60 production titled as 61s.
John, the one in the pic was reported to me as #1 in the US by Cruiser Dan. It was the only one sold in the US in '58.

That vehicle was researched and found by Jonathan Ward. The museum aquired it from him. He determined it was the first one sold/delivered to a retail customer. It may not have been the first one that touched US soil.

That vehicle was researched and found by Jonathan Ward. The museum aquired it from him. He determined it was the first one sold/delivered to a retail customer. It may not have been the first one that touched US soil.

Are you fimiliar with the magazine ad from 1971 that Toyota ran? Toyota claimed that was the first one sold and unless can document back to that owner it's not 100% proof it was the first one sold. As I'm sure you are well aware Toyota is hard to get any information from the early years. Still have never got a answer to what the M42 means on the VIN plate in a 76 FJ40.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom