Backhoe vs ARB/LC80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah. Yeah. You've got dibs. Just send me a self addressed stamped envelope in advance. :beer:

Do you think it will fit in an envelope?

Maybe I should send you a self-addressed prepaid pallet......

I'll be here, holding my breath........

Assuming you did not have that bumper and instead only had a factory front end. They would be possibly replacing the head light and corner light, the bumper, the fender and possibly the hood. The parking pawl could have been bent or damaged, no way to really know without looking at it. Just because I have a big bumper, I didn't want it dented. I'd have them cut a check for the cost of a new bumper.

I would have had a police report had it been me. Had that Accord behind you been there, it would have ruin it.

I'm an a****** though.

Ehhhhhh.

I’m not going to defend the operator, but heavy equip is another animal.

You’re in a whole other beast than a passenger car the way most equipment behaves, at least offroad/pushing dirt/moving logs.
I never asked, but I bet it’s why we always parked cars waaaaay away from a jobsite.
I’ve never done little street repair type jobs, so IDK about road crews.

IDK the GVWR of the equip I have run, but I do recall a fullsize track-hoe a local commercial land developer was parking on my land I asked to use.

I was working next to a shipping container I have & use for storage & I rotated the cab & the rear counterweight made contact with my container & shoved it ~10”.
I know my 40’ container is supposed to be all of 5K#’s - and that’s without the supid crap loaded in it.

I never noticed until a few days later, and knew what it was since it had telltale yellow paint on it from the counterweight off it, and green paint vice-versa.
————
I’m interested in hearing/learning more on our parking pawls, I never heard they were tapered & could effectively rachet under too much force.

Ehhhhhh.

I’m not going to defend the operator, but heavy equip is another animal.

You’re in a whole other beast than a passenger car the way most equipment behaves, at least offroad/pushing dirt/moving logs.
I never asked, but I bet it’s why we always parked cars waaaaay away from a jobsite.
I’ve never done little street repair type jobs, so IDK about road crews.

IDK the GVWR of the equip I have run, but I do recall a fullsize track-hoe a local commercial land developer was parking on my land I asked to use.

I was working next to a shipping container I have & use for storage & I rotated the cab & the rear counterweight made contact with my container & shoved it ~10”.
I know my 40’ container is supposed to be all of 5K#’s - and that’s without the supid crap loaded in it.

I never noticed until a few days later, and knew what it was since it had telltale yellow paint on it from the counterweight off it, and green paint vice-versa.
————
I’m interested in hearing/learning more on our parking pawls, I never heard they were tapered & could effectively rachet under too much force.
That looks like a cat420 to me and should way close to 17000 pounds.
The way he reacts, makes me think he knows he hit the cruiser. The way he pauses seems like he's looking for damage, but from the cab he'd never see that little dent, maybe he figures he didn't hit it.
I've seen the damage machines do to things they're not supposed to hit and I'd say thats amazing how tough that bumper is.

Yep. This happened! Captured on my garage cam!

Happy to say I was wearing brown shorts when my neighbor knocked on my door saying a backhoe crashed into my rig. Happier to say, I didn't need the brown shorts.

The bozos drove off after hitting the rig, my neighbor (I love my hood) ran them down and told them to come back. The operator was cool, offered to buy me a new "one," I told him he owes me a six pack instead!

No damage to the rig, only a wee dent to the ARB, it definitely has paid for itself! View attachment 1721786

see , ARB is the best one, if it was slee or any other cheap overpriced bumper your light would be gone because ARB is only one offering full protection

see , ARB is the best one, if it was slee or any other cheap overpriced bumper your light would be gone because ARB is only one offering full protection

:worms: .... :flipoff2:

For what it's worth, that was the best $$ I spent. I bought that sucker used on CL for $400, it was an impulse buy because it was there. I was going to hold out for a Slee or maybe a costa fans, but just couldn't stop myself.

I talked to the city public works today. I was on the fence of sticking it to them, since the city "backhoe'd" me on some building permits a few years ago, but I'm gonna give them a pass on this one.

To answer the question, did he know?
I finally talked to my neighbor that saw it (he was waiting in his driveway for an Uber to fly to India when it happen, i owe that guy a beer).

So he said yes. The operator did seem to notice, but was waved off by his guys working next to the pick-up truck. He said the guys on the ground pointed, and shrugged, then waved him to go to the next pick up point down the street. That's the loser.

Sorry @BILT4ME I'm gonna live with my scratches and dents.

Must be my Buddhist wife rubbing off on me....I've got other stuff to deal with.

I agree, heck - I had to look to see the dent.

And frankly my connex box is still ~10” off the pretreated beams I put under it before we dropped it on the ground.

Priorities over pettiness.

Let your Karma catch a free few points today.

For what it's worth, that was the best $$ I spent. I bought that sucker used on CL for $400, it was an impulse buy because it was there. I was going to hold out for a Slee or maybe a costa fans, but just couldn't stop myself.

I talked to the city public works today. I was on the fence of sticking it to them, since the city "backhoe'd" me on some building permits a few years ago, but I'm gonna give them a pass on this one.

To answer the question, did he know?
I finally talked to my neighbor that saw it (he was waiting in his driveway for an Uber to fly to India when it happen, i owe that guy a beer).

So he said yes. The operator did seem to notice, but was waved off by his guys working next to the pick-up truck. He said the guys on the ground pointed, and shrugged, then waved him to go to the next pick up point down the street. That's the loser.

Sorry @BILT4ME I'm gonna live with my scratches and dents.

Must be my Buddhist wife rubbing off on me....I've got other stuff to deal with.

Oh, MAN!!! :(:(:(

Well, I'll keep trying!

Good luck and good Karma!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom