Fj62 Manual transmission? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was recently told by a parts supplier, won't name names, that fj62 models were offered with a manual transmission, MAINLY outside of the United States. This goes against my understanding of the fj62 . Can anyone enlighten me to the truth on the subject?

Yes, the H55f 5-speed was common outside of the US in the hj61 (diesel) and FJ62 (carbureted 3F engine w/o smog equipment). They got a bunch of other goodies we never saw too. Factory electric and pto winches, full float rear axles, cable lockers, high roof, ambulance doors, 3rd row seats, rear AC, suspension seats, split fold rear seats, rad 80s graphic, sliding rear quarter windows...

Okay so, eliminate the HJ models. What countries were the FJ62s offered with manual transmissions? I'm trying to figure out why a U.S. based part supplier is advertising parts for a model never offered in the U.S.. Or was it? If it was I'd really like to find one.

No 3F-E powered 62 ever got a manual transmission in this solar system. No 62 variant destined for another country could or can get imported into the USA.

FJ62 manual transmission? >>> YES, it can.

yup. FJ62 was offered in H55F manual transmission flavor all over the world outside of the US. In quite a large amount in fact.

Outside of the US, the trim level/grade delineated where and when an A440F was offered and when an H55F was offered.

FJ62 also came in a high roof model as well outside of the US market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom