clutch fork swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
could any one help me with this please i have to swap my pressed steel clutch fork for a cast iron clutch fork can anybody tell me if i also need to get the slave cylinder and clutch fork ball the same years as my new clutch fork i am also doing a v8 conversion should i get an adjustable clutch fork ball thank you for your time :D

Need more info. What clutch fork do u have Chevy or Toyota and what adapter are you using aluminium adapter bell housing or Chevy bell housing with plate adapter.
It all makes a difference on what parts combo you use. Also depends on your clutch choice also , the Toyota slave should work. You mention adjustable pivot ball. That I would think is for the Chevy bellhousing. I did not use one but always wished I had so I could play with that bit of adjustment. But I don’t think u need it to be adjustable more info needed. Pics also would help lots.

:cheers:

ive already got it solved thanks for the reply i put all together yesterday
DSCF0189.JPG
DSCF0190.JPG
its a marks adapter i was tryn to use my stamped steel fork but after talking to several people and an email to the down under it became apparent that i just needed to swap to a cast fork now to stick to motor wish me luck :cheers: thanks again

That’s a sh*t-ton of weight to hang off an engine, and a PTO too! I’d like to see, no, take that back LOVE to see the undercarriage real estate that combo ends up using. In a 40, I’d think you need a trailer for your rear axle!

th
Nice. I forgot about the Marks adapter. That thing is a whole different monster too me. Can I see a pic of he flywheel. Isn’t it super thick? Cool thanks for sharing

theres a flywheel pic in the what have you done to your land cruiser this week thread from yesterday but doesnt show the thickness i will get one today

That’s a sh*t-ton of weight to hang off an engine, and a PTO too! I’d like to see, no, take that back LOVE to see the undercarriage real estate that combo ends up using. In a 40, I’d think you need a trailer for your rear axle!
DSCF0198.JPG
DSCF0199.JPG
tranny stays in the stock location so no worries behind maybe trouble up front later :meh:

Nice. I forgot about the Marks adapter. That thing is a whole different monster too me. Can I see a pic of he flywheel. Isn’t it super thick? Cool thanks for sharing
DSCF0197.JPG
dont think its any thicker than others but im no mechanic you tell me. true to form after installing my clutch fork and slave cylinder i opened another box that i thought had only motor mounts in and found a new transmission mount to move all that from the left side to the right side. so my son and i had to redo it all on the other side after words everything was centered in the frame rails i guess thats why you have to do that. one things for sure the instructions are real vague but im used to doing most things twice :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom