Carolina Relic Run 2018 - April 26-29, 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks to the efforts of @Trollhole, with one of these tickets, some lucky Relic driver is going to win a gift certificate good for five new BFGoodrich tires. Will it be you?
291535C6-DE8A-416C-8734-EA2710CC95EE.jpeg

If you made it to the Carolina Relic Run last year, then you'll remember our friends from LumberJaxe, in Charlotte, who graciously brought out their mobile unit and taught us how much fun it can be to throw sharp objects, safely. Now that they have a permanent home in Charlotte, they no longer take their show on the road. While they won't be able to join us, they are sending on some goodies for the raffle.
  • 1 Axe, 1 hatchet and sharpening kit - Courtesy of LumberJaxe
  • 2 Hatchets each with a sharpening kit - Courtesy of LumberJaxe
upload_2018-4-15_16-16-29.png
89E5ED69-0E0E-4049-8E23-1AB0A7FDEAAF.jpeg

Last edited:
That's to cool!!!

Online registration suspended, badassery axes and hatchets, tires, tailgates?

When will the madness end? I hope never.

So I work out of town during the week. Apparently someone was in my driveway laying hands on Buster Brown. Neighbor called my wife just now. Good times in the 'hood. Hope I don't have to put up a "stolen" thread.

Pull coil wire. Plus it has a manual right ? :D

Three years ago, when I was organizing the first Carolina Relic Run, I requested donations from many places I'd purchased parts over the years and each of the last three years I've sent an email (or two) to Spector Off Road. Not too surprisingly, I never received a response. After the article and photos appeared in this year's Jan/Feb Toyota Trails, I sent a follow up email with a link to the article, thinking it might give me some credibility. Much to my surprise, I received this response:

Hello David

Thanks for you email

I did see the nice article....looks like you guys have a great group of cruisers on your team.

Please send me details on where to send donations.

Thanks....Kay​

I checked the sender's email address to be sure I wasn't being punked and it said "Kay Spector". HOW COOL IS THAT!!! THE Kay Spector, as in Marv Spector's widow, took the time to reply to me and wants to sponsor our event!

The box of donations for the raffle arrived over the weekend and a detailed breakdown is below:
  • 20 The Legend of Land Cruiser CDs (see image below)
  • 5 SOR T-shirts of varying sizes
  • 30 FJ40 SOR decals
  • 30 FJ62 SOR decals
  • 6 $22 SOR gift certificates

upload_2018-4-16_21-15-45.png

It's quite a feat to get SOR to sponsor. Nice work David :cheers:

Whew...hope you guys and gals have been saving up for these raffle tickets. I just got back from Midstate Toyota in Ashboro picking up their donations for the Relic Run.
Not 1 but 2 - ARB Camp Chairs with table valued @ $52 each

ARB camp chair with table.jpg

Not 1 but 2 - Dobinsons snatch straps valued @ $180 each

snatch strap 1.jpg

snatch strap 2.jpg

Cool Eh?

Wait-Theres-More.png

1 ARB High Output Portable Air Supply valued @ $352

compressor.jpg

Just keeps getting better and better!
Need more raffle tickets!

I have it on good authority that we will hopefully be able to squeeze in additional handful of registrants but might only be able to offer day passes to people that show up and want to register at the event.

Don't miss out on what is sure to be a good time! Email Stacy Rymer at stacyrymer13@gmail.com now. In your email, please provide your name, IH8MUD handle, Vehicle year and model.

Still trying to get in touch with Joel Simpler, Jason Moock, Lynn Swisher, Keith@ Charvonia design, and someone from Von licht cycle. These are PayPal accounts that have Registered that I've been trying to communicate via email. If you are one of these people, know one of these people; I need them to email me ASAP to assist in saving time at the Registration booth when they arrive. :) Thanks, Stacy

Frank, from Land Cruiser Heaven, and his family will be joining us again this year. We’ll have a vendor area where you can meet Frank and see firsthand some of what his company offers to the Land Cruiser community. Check out his website (link above) to see a full offering of what’s offered for 40, 80 and 100 series trucks.

Below are their donations which some lucky raffle ticket holder wil go home with.
  • 1 set of replacement fenders for a 40 series
  • 2 $250 Land Cruiser Heaven cash vouchers

Whew...hope you guys and gals have been saving up for these raffle tickets. I just got back from Midstate Toyota in Ashboro picking up their donations for the Relic Run.
Not 1 but 2 - ARB Camp Chairs with table valued @ $52 each

View attachment 1679598

Not 1 but 2 - Dobinsons snatch straps valued @ $180 each

View attachment 1679599
View attachment 1679600

Cool Eh?

View attachment 1679601

1 ARB High Output Portable Air Supply valued @ $352

View attachment 1679602

I don’t know if 25 tickets are enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back