2h blowing smoke (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently rebuilt my old 2h rings pistons bearings head injectors just started it its blowing heaps of smoke white on idle black on revs would it be my valve clearances or sticky injectors help

How long was the engine sitting for? You'd have to consider the Leather Diaphragm in the injector pump, and if you've removed the injection pump during the rebuild you'd also have to consider a timing issue.

Does it start easily? Does the white smoke clear when its warmed up. I haven't been to Captains Flat since 92. I remember coming across a 40 series laying on its side in the middle of a T intersection and some guy with long hair and beard staggering away pissed to the eyeballs at 8am.:lol:

No it' hard to start and not much has changed here mate baahahahaha and keeps blowing massive amounts of smoke strong smell of diesel loaded up going up a hill it clears up but back off and smoke screen

It all points to the Diaphragm..

I wrote a small guide on how to change it. You can find it here: 2H Diaphragm replacement

A check of the two vacuum hoses from the throttle body down to the injection pump would also be worthwhile.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom