SEQUOIA -Rear Independent Suspension and Rear Coil Spring Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rear Independent Suspension and Rear Coil Spring Options
Guys , I'm wondering how well the RIS is or isn't working offroad and I would like to compose a list of rear spring options and weather or not people are happy with their choice of spring, offroad performance aspects, lack of articulation issues? ETC...

I know some have custom springs, OME, Dobinson etc..

THANKS FOR THE INPUT!

I have the Dobinsons mounted on my 2008. The rear uses a bilstien strut per Dobinsons. When I bought, the complete kit available was wrong or something was off I dont Remember specifics but had to use the blistein. Also have 1.25” wheel spacers not lift spacers. Love it.
one catch was that (installer was Dobinsons dealer so was in direct contact) it would not align upon install. The recommendation from Dobinsons was to get it as good as possible then drive it for a week to settle. Re-align. It was less than ideal but it worked. I also hooked my trailer up to assist in the settling. Feels great now.

I have the Dobinsons mounted on my 2008. The rear uses a bilstien strut per Dobinsons. When I bought, the complete kit available was wrong or something was off I dont Remember specifics but had to use the blistein. Also have 1.25” wheel spacers not lift spacers. Love it.
one catch was that (installer was Dobinsons dealer so was in direct contact) it would not align upon install. The recommendation from Dobinsons was to get it as good as possible then drive it for a week to settle. Re-align. It was less than ideal but it worked. I also hooked my trailer up to assist in the settling. Feels great now.
What do you run in the front?

Part numbers are: rear coils C59-719, front coils C59-720 and I think the front struts are GS59-710

I would only add better tires. I still have just the stock tires. I think it rides great. Not firm to me at all. And I think I mentioned it but there are also 1.25” spidertrax wheel spacers so my stance is a little wider.

FWIW, a member here did start a IRS conversion from a Sequoia onto a Tundra frame.

IIRC he sold it as a uncompleted project, but I’d research how the 200-series LC’s are springing the solid rear axle - I’d think they 4-link it, but I’ve not been under one to say as gospel.

Might check the 200 forum, see if springs from 200 work in the IRS of a Sequoia.

Just an ‘off the cuff’ -idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom