Upgraded Injectors, Has Anybody Used These? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reading the description it doesn't seem like much of an upgrade over cleaning and flow balancing your stock injectors to perform like they did 20 years ago. Given that the other injector cleaner places charge minimum $25 each to clean and flow balance this isn't a bad deal if you either did not want to remove and ship yours or if you wanted to keep your old ones for spares.

I have not done either these nor the cleaning so just speaking from what I read.

Reading the description it doesn't seem like much of an upgrade over cleaning and flow balancing your stock injectors to perform like they did 20 years ago. Given that the other injector cleaner places charge minimum $25 each to clean and flow balance this isn't a bad deal if you either did not want to remove and ship yours or if you wanted to keep your old ones for spares.

I have not done either these nor the cleaning so just speaking from what I read.

Fair enough. Anything that advertises "better fuel economy" tends to go over my reasonable thinking just a bit, and I at least want to look into it. I guess the best thing for better fuel economy is a different engine...

I bought and installed these while I was doing some much needed maintenance on a '93 305k rig I recently picked up (my first). I was faced with the same dilemma - 1) either reinstall injectors that had never been cleaned that have 305K on them 2) have the stock ones cleaned 3) buy new better designed injectors for a modest increase and potentially get delicious HP gains.

As I said, I chose #3, but I can't say I experienced any real gains (wasn't really expecting any). The truck runs great, but I'm not sure I can give the injectors all the credit. The one thing I HAVE noticed is that these injectors appear to be a bit louder than the ones they replaced. They have a noticeable tick-tick-tick when being actuated. Only noticeable when you're physically in the engine bay though.

It was primarily a "I feel good about doing this" modification". Any future issues with the running of the truck likely won't come from the fuel injectors.

Be prepared to break every single fuel injector electrical connector clip when removing them. I broke 5 of 6 and had to zip tie the connectors to the fuel injectors. They are old and extremely brittle.

I wish it wasn't from cruiserparts...

Why?

I bought and installed these while I was doing some much needed maintenance on a '93 305k rig I recently picked up (my first). I was faced with the same dilemma - 1) either reinstall injectors that had never been cleaned that have 305K on them 2) have the stock ones cleaned 3) buy new better designed injectors for a modest increase and potentially get delicious HP gains.

As I said, I chose #3, but I can't say I experienced any real gains (wasn't really expecting any). The truck runs great, but I'm not sure I can give the injectors all the credit. The one thing I HAVE noticed is that these injectors appear to be a bit louder than the ones they replaced. They have a noticeable tick-tick-tick when being actuated. Only noticeable when you're physically in the engine bay though.

Are the injectors still working well for you? Any other feedback?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom