Power Steering Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so who is the best source and best price on here for a new OEM power steering pump for a 1996 LX450/Land Cruiser. Mine started leaking pretty good today and I need a good source for best price. Will put in new and rebuild the old for a backup. Thanks in advance.

Kirk

?

toyotapartsdeal.com generally has the lowest prices in my experience.

Thanks

If you buy a new or reman PS pump from Mr T, I'd say don't bother rebuilding your old one. Maybe keep it in case you need to rebuild it someday, but that's pretty unlikely. Are you really going to put another 200k miles on the new pump?

If you buy a new or reman PS pump from Mr T, I'd say don't bother rebuilding your old one. Maybe keep it in case you need to rebuild it someday, but that's pretty unlikely. Are you really going to put another 200k miles on the new pump?

Exactly. I just replaced mine with a new unit and contemplated rebuilding it just for fun and to have a spare...then logic kicked in and I realized that the first one lasted 300k mi and I only replaced it because it was starting to leak a bit. Into the trash it went. Certain parts are worth saving for trail spares, the PS pump is not one of them.

Is a rebuilt Toyota OEM the best pump for running 35's on my 80? I blew a NAPA rebuilt pretty quickly. I've heard of folks using Ford PS pumps? Will the Toyota OEm handle 35's??? Thanks!

Is a rebuilt Toyota OEM the best pump for running 35's on my 80? I blew a NAPA rebuilt pretty quickly. I've heard of folks using Ford PS pumps? Will the Toyota OEm handle 35's??? Thanks!

There is no such thing as a OEM rebuilt pump from Toyota. It's new or nothing from Toyota.

The aftermarket ones suck in general.

Pretty sure 9/10 of people here on 35s are using their original pump and never considered anything different. I am just a 33 schmuck so don't take my word for it.

If the leak is coming from the back cover, just pop it off and replace the o-ring. It is something like $7.34 from Toyota. The o-ring from the line from the reservoir can also leak.

Aftermarkets do indeed suck!

When I was looking around to replace my leaking unit I hit up @beno who said oem all the way....some months later when I pulled the trigger I cheaped out.....never again......

From my build thread....the journey ended up costing a pretty penny.....now I just pay more attention to people who know more than me :)

PS pump was leaking as per
oil leak from back of oil pump?
ordered up a reman unit and installed along with new hoses as per
PS hoses question
nicked a gear and developed a knocking as per
Cost to replace ps pump?
ordered new gear vane from beno and paid someone to do this properly.
remanned unit failed on the road as per
Ps pump blown
ordered new unit from beno and paid someone to replace the damn thing.

I thank you all for your feedback on OEM versus after-market. I will return to OEM. But I don't have the old one. Anyone have an old one for sale or you don't want that I can rebuild and use? For a 97 FZJ80. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom