What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_1411.JPG
Meet a new friend in the local area.

Door cards and tunes.

One small step of many.....

IMG_7627.JPG

IMG_7637.JPG

You know you can make that thing far more driveable in poor conditions... I bought one mountain bike tire, and attached it to my sons rear tires on his gator w/ short deck screws. One tire was enough to do not quite both but it’s enough. He can drive over anything now.

Awesome. I think my neighbor used epoxy to get a bike tire on his kid's power wheels, but I will try the nails for her FJ. My two year old just prefers to drive his John Deere rig right into the snow, get stuck and then dig himself out - so wont mess with his.

^^^ short deck screws or wood. I did my sons over two years ago and it’s still good. I put them every 3” alt sides.

Awesome. I think my neighbor used epoxy to get a bike tire on his kid's power wheels, but I will try the nails for her FJ. My two year old just prefers to drive his John Deere rig right into the snow, get stuck and then dig himself out - so wont mess with his.
My buddy put chains on his boy's Power Wheels. I marvel at the skill his 2 yr old has at backing up on wet grass

I had a great run with the Eastern Sierra 4wd Club on Saturday exploring parts of the Nevada desert close to Bishop/Big Pine,CA
Thanks @2mountainfish and @John McVicker for having me!

We started our journey in Big Pine,CA, half way point was a tiny town of 50 people and a Fj40, called Silver Peak,NV. From there we went north through the mountains and back down through Bishop.
Amazing drive and some very knowledgeable people in the club that went into some of the crazy mining history that exists in this area.

media-20180219.png

media-20180219 (8).jpg

I love 2mountainfish his build ^ Labor of love that is fine tuned to perfection. Left my 62 far in the rear view mirror going through highway mountain passes. Thanks for the warm welcome to Big Pine, Jerry!

media-20180219 (1).jpg

John McVicker his 60, is the awesome truck that has seen it all and will outlive us all. Both the truck and John have great character.

media-20180219 (3).jpg

media-20180219.jpg

Lost mining cabin where a few very creative guys used to come and try to proof their mining claim. Amazing piece of history.

View attachment 1636908
The lost and lonely 40 in Silver Peak,NV... Needs a 2nd life.

View attachment 1636911

Amazing volcanic colors in the mountains

View attachment 1636912

The best hot spring I've seen so far...

View attachment 1636910

View attachment 1636909

I'm staying in Big Pine,CA for a few months exploring all the 4x4 goodness this area has to offer. Check out more here:
Me and my FJ62 are in Big Pine,CA for a month. Where do I go?
Thanks for the kind words. It is great getting to know you better. Your rig is no slouch either. We did over 200 miles and it never missed a beat.

Silver Peak Club Run 2018 005.JPG

Silver Peak Club Run 2018 007.JPG

Silver Peak Club Run 2018 012.JPG

Silver Peak Club Run 2018 016.JPG

Silver Peak Club Run 2018 023.JPG

So much to see. Here are a couple more pics.

Silver Peak Club Run 2018 018.JPG

Silver Peak Club Run 2018 020.JPG

Silver Peak Club Run 2018 010.JPG

Silver Peak Club Run 2018 024.JPG

EFE0174E-F047-4C9B-AE3B-5EB8E63250CA.jpeg
Not to much work but got the fuel/vacuum lines disconnected from the intake manifold and carb getting ready to pull those and the exhaust flange sandblasted for the welding department at school or the local muffler shop to weld up to the new flange to this one

Drove it to Charleston, SC for the weekend. Came back with some furniture that barely fit and a belt that squeals above 3k rpm. Tried to tighten it on the road, but it's adjusted all the way out. Time for a new belt. Is changing them on an FJ62 as bad as people say?

20180219_185703.jpg

Drove my new one home out of snowy cold Colorado, through extremely cold and treacherous northern Utah. Almost slid off the highway somewhere in Utah, had to stop many times to wash the windshield. Slow going but an adventure none the less. Passed this guy this morning just north of las Vegas
20180220_085407.jpg

Gave me two tone rig envy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom