3B turbo oil feed (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of gathering parts to fit a Toyota CT12B from a 1KZ-TE to my 3B. Planning on sourcing oil from one of the bungs in the side of the block. What size hose is suitable for the oil feed? I understand the plugs on the block are threaded 1/8 BSPT and I probably need to adapt that to an AN thread?

Planning on using something like a 1/2" tube to the sump for oil drain.

I have used a teflon/stainless braid hose as the feed line which is dash 6 - (7.9mm ID) not sure if it works yet as i am yet to start the car.

Drain hose is 5/8 (16mm) again untested.

this is using a TD04L turbo and the subaru factory banjo bolt as the restricter on the feed line.

Personally i would not see using something like dash 4 for feed as being a problem as there is normally a restricter is required anyway, i only used 5/8 drain hose as that is what came with the turbo.

HTH

How big is the hole in the subaru restrictor bolt? The one that came with my Kinugawa looks to be around 2mm.

FWIW the CT12b is a TD04 deriviative. It uses a TD04H turbine, 7.4cm exhaust housing and 39/58 compressor. (all from memory)

Also FWIW the turbo oil feed is m10x1.5

I used the 1/8 MSP to 1/4 An (-4) fitting. 1/2 or 5/8 inside diameter scavenge is good. Rule of thumb is double for the scavenge.

oil pan man

You can see my return to the pan.

Next you will asking how to turn up fuel on a 3b IP.

Subaru restrictor hole in the banjo bolt is 1.5mm. how much do you drill them out to gerg?

my measured oil pressure is between 30 and 40 psi hot cruising i wonder if you think i should drill mine out at all?

i guess one could measure the oil flow coming out of the turbo in l/min holding an rpm and hence a specific oil pressure with a cup under the drain line... but what is critical for a turbo - pressure or flow?

Measure the outflow is always better. The td04 housing has an internal restrictor built in anyway. Forgive me but I don't have the size I drill out on hand but it's about double the diameter of the restrictor hole.

I drill those restrictors out usually. 3Bs aren't known for having awsome oil pressure.

I use 15/40 oil. Never had an issue with oil pressure. The only time ive seen it drop was at idle after it was really hot. A person could use 20/50 also if they lived in a hot area.

info I never seen before it's turbo oil pressure it can handle ... my 2H can raise easily 100 PSI ( top of my gauge ) @ 1400 rpm when cold ..

300cc /minute at idle from return to oil pan is what I look for on a journal bearing turbo.

cool, when I get mine cranked up for the first time I will have a measure and see what my oil flow is, I have a pressure sensor on the same line as the oil feed so at least I can have an idea of pressure and flow and see if the numbers are ballpark

Anyone tapped a 3B oil pan for a screw in fitting, or is a weld-in barb the only way to go for oil return?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom