maintenance 218000 miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello you all just bought a GX 470 with 218000 miles one owner and has no owners manual I need to replace all fluids could any body tell me what kind of oil is recommended and need to for
transmission-power steering- front and rear diff- transfer case- brake fluid- also if there is any other suggestion for maintaining this high mile vehicle .thanks

Engine oil I use 6-7 Quarts of Mobile 1 Full Synthetic Oil.
Here is how you reset the Maintenance Light - Hold trip button and turning key to ON position.

For Differentials and Transfer Case I ordered 7 Qts of Mobile 1 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Lube

I had SD Trux here in SD change out the PS, Brake, and Transmission Fluids for $200. Worth it not messing with those things myself.

atf should be ws, i would just get that from the dealership. at that mileage its probably time for a timing belt and water pump unless you have records that it has been done and new plugs

I use Maxx Life. It's cheaper and better than WS.

Here's a list of alternative ATF, pulled from TacomaWorld:
  1. Valvoline Maxx Life ATF
  2. Kendall VersaTrans LV ATF (Made by Phillips 66 Lubricants) (This is what my local Firestone buys buy the 55-gallon drum to service automatic trasmissions)
  3. AMSOIL -AMSOIL Signature Series Fuel-Efficient Synthetic ATF
  4. Redline Synthetic Oil - D6 ATF
  5. Schaeffer Oil - 205A Dexron® VI/Mercon® Automatic Transmission Fluid (Suitable for Aisin Warner JWS 3309, JWS 3324)
  6. Pronto Full Synthetic Multi-Vehicle ATF Fluid (Distributed by National Pronto Association | Grapevine, TX 76051 | MADE IN THE USA)
  7. Amalie Universal Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid (Amalie Oil Co. Tampa, Fl.)
  8. Martin Lubricants - SynGard™ Multi-Vehicle Dexron® VI and Mercon® LV Automatic Transmission Fluid
  9. SC Fuels - Multi Performance 500 MVP Universal ATF
  10. Super Tech DEXRON VI Automatic Transmission Fluid
  11. Chevron Havoline Synthetic ATF Multi-Vehicle Dexron-VI
  12. And if your in Australia, Nulon - Full Synthetic Multi Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid.
  13. Aisin ATF0WS - ATF, Automatic Transmission Fluid; WS-World Standard
MORE PRODUCTS
Anything that lists itself as a suitable replacement for Toyota JWS 3324 or Toyota WS, would be good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom