DS rear window switch doesn't work. Can't get window back up!!......I have searched (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BullElk

SILVER Star
Threads
After taking switch panel apart. I can take off switches and manually move small white lever to move all the window except DS rear window. The widow switch on the rear door will make it go down but not up. I even tested PS door switch on DS door and it worked fine....and good PS side switch only moved window down and not up just like other switch. Sooooo.....the problem looks to be on the circuit board on driver door panel.

Any secrets to cleaning or fixing. Is this a common replacement. Like I said I searched with no luck.

ALSO, now the window is down with no way of getting it back up. Any way to manually override the switch?

Thanks

If the motor goes down... it will very likely go up. At least mine did :)

Preparation:
- Watch a video about removal of door panel ()
- May as well review posts here as well (e.g.. Door panel removal process)
- Establish a safe source of 12 v power that can easily reach the door (like one that uses a switch)
- Note... if your window is down... use a light and the reflectivity of the window observe parts inside the door.

- Pull the door panel and locate the power plug nearest the window regulator motor (trace the 2-wire line from the window motor till you find the plug on the INSIDE of the door)
- disconnect the motor plug.
- connect your safe 12-volt to the motor terminal and observe (or listen) to verify if window tries to go up or down.
- If it tries to go down, reverse polarity and try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom