‘05 LX window won’t work, switch making weird noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drivers side window won’t go up or down. I push the button and you can hear a high pitched noise.

Here is what I know/have done:
Noise is 100% coming from switch
Tried new motor
Tried new switch
Greased guide rail
Still get noise even with motor not installed, just hanging there.
Motor will not turn gear if key is in aux mode, switch just makes noise. But if engine is running it will still make noise but sometimes turn the gear when hanging there. It will not raise or lower the window even with engine running.

It’s almost like it is not getting enough power ????

Last edited:
Check the voltage that supply electricity to the power window motor. Check if it's 12 volts or less. Look for loose ground wire. Check the wiring loom that has rubber boot between the door and the body.

Just wanted to make a follow up post.
All the volt readings at the switch were 12v or right around that. Ended up tracing all the wires and found a wire split and another one on the way out. They were in the rubber boot in between the door and body. If you unplug all the connectors at the footwell the connectors will pull back through the body and door so you can inspect them. The first one is hard to get through but the rest are easy. This picture is obviously after I stripped the wires to add a connector.

IMG_6535.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom