B and 3B injection pumps interchangeable?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mr Cimarron

DRIVE, BREAK, FIX, REPEAT
SILVER Star
Threads
Can a 3B IP work on a B engine? My IP on my B is leaking and and I have a 3B w/ in-line pump sitting in the garage that will eventually replace the B when it’s time. I would rather spend the money to rebuild the pump from the 3B if possible. If not interchangeable I’ll rebuild the B IP as I am not ready to swap engines yet as I feel the B has a few more miles left in it.

No idea if it would mount but I believe they deliver different amounts of fuel because of the larger displacement of the 3b.

The extra fueling might not be a problem if you were turboed and changed the injectors...:hmm:

Time to swing that 3b in is what I would do.

No idea if it would mount but I believe they deliver different amounts of fuel because of the larger displacement of the 3b.

The extra fueling might not be a problem if you were turboed and changed the injectors...:hmm:

Time to swing that 3b in is what I would do.
That was my guess as well. 3B is not ready to drop in just yet as it needs to be gone through.

Other option is a bunch of us have been in your place and practically given the clapped out b motor away. Have you checked around, the classifieds on here?

I see your in Texas probably not loads of diesels there. Too bad these guys Road trip! Victoria Island BC to Spring Branch Texas in a hj61 couldent have brought one back for you from here. I know of a whole b with cracked rings in one cylinder for free.

I haven't checked my attic recently who knows there could even be one hiding up there...:meh:

Last edited:
I would rebuild the B IP rather than buy used one. It made it to Colorado and back with it leaking. The issue is it's leaking fuel from the overflow tube coming out of the IP's oil reservoir. I guess at minimum it would only need a new seal but if I pull it it's getting rebuilt. I've been squirting oil into the fill hole with a giant syringe every now and then to keep it lubricated.
The slow ass B and me mutually bonded on my road trip to Solid Axle Summit so I kinda want to keep it rolling. :):meh:

I would rebuild the B IP rather than buy used one. It made it to Colorado and back with it leaking. The issue is it's leaking fuel from the overflow tube coming out of the IP's oil reservoir. I guess at minimum it would only need a new seal but if I pull it it's getting rebuilt. I've been squirting oil into the fill hole with a giant syringe every now and then to keep it lubricated.
The slow ass B and me mutually bonded on my road trip to Solid Axle Summit so I kinda want to keep it rolling. :):meh:

CIM:

Give Turbo Diesel and Electric Power Systems a call in Forest Park, GA. Ask for John Carter who is the diesel shop manager.

He can get you squared away if you want to go the route of rebuilding the IP.

:)

CIM:

Give Turbo Diesel and Electric Power Systems a call in Forest Park, GA. Ask for John Carter who is the diesel shop manager.

He can get you squared away if you want to go the route of rebuilding the IP.

:)
Nice. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom