Partial Desmog? But why?!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Today I realized that I have no air injector manifold. In addition to that there’s no check valve and it looks like the air injector ports? have been plugged. All the other smog equipment is in place and appears to be functioning.

Any idea why the PO would have had this removed?

Also would I fail a smog inspection? Right now thankfully Hawaii doesn’t require them but I may have to deal with them in the future as I move.

Any input is appreciated!

That's strange. The air rail is the hardest component to remove, maybe there was a problem with it. I would suspect that if the PO had that work done by a mechanic/shop that they would only remove what the PO was willing to pay for. I can't imagine you would pass either a visual inspection or smog test as is. The air rail is a key part of the smog system. If you're planning on moving to a state that requires a smog test for your vehicle, you should probably look to replace it.

WAG is it was rusted and leaking, so it was just removed, or someone tried to remove it for another reason and broke it while trying to take it apart.

Thanks mud! I guess since the hard part is already done I’ll go ahead and get some :beer:s and finish up this desmog. Found the write up by @Spook50. Looking forward to this :worms:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom