Novice FJ60 rebuild - it runs! need advice please on what hoses to put where to complete the desmog - read previous threads but can't understand terms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I adjusted the valves to spec and timed it with the light gun at idle (many thanks to responses to my questions on how to get this far). Previous owner had done a "partial desmog" according to people who saw pictures. Now that the rebuild is done I want to know where I need to run vac tubes to complete the desmog.

I tried really hard to read and understand previous threads on this, but my level of knowledge is such that I only understand about half of what I read in any given thread - so please explain terms used or abbreviations.

If someone could please look at the pictures of where it's at now and tell me what needs to go where.

Eventually I'd like to send the distributor to Jim C for a recurve. Until then I have a piece of tubing to slip over the stop pin as a temp solution.

Bonus question - today I read in the manual that the idle mix adjust screw on the carb should go all the way in and back out two turns. I tried that and it ran horrible. backed it out a bit and it ran better. where should it be and how do I know if I got it right please?

IMG_1839.jpg
IMG_1840.jpg
IMG_1841.jpg
IMG_1842.jpg
IMG_1843.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom