2017 Kokopelli Expedition team member thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can't thank you guys enough for such a great trip. Last year was a real struggle for me mentally and physically and my injury took its toll by the end of day one. This year was completely different. I was thrilled and thankful to be on the trail.

I hate that we lost Mike and Susan and Garth and Andrea on day two, but this is a long, tough trail and sometimes things break. Chris and I both limped home last year.

I have a lot of photos to go through and I'll get them loaded up soon.

Who's writing the article for Toyota Trails? :coffee:

_D719427 by

Thanks Richard,
I checked out he shoes you recommended and I think I will definitely get a pair of the Seven Seas. The Sea Racer boot looks good also, and is much more reasonably priced than my Dubarrys. I will try to find a pair and see if they have room for an insole and socks.

Susan and I are heading to the Overland Expo in Flagstaff this weekend. All the awnings and rooftop tents got the juices flowing.

Our best to Jaesun and Chairman Mao, and you , of course.
Thanks for the info on the shoes. It is always great to talk to an expert!
Michael

Stan and Chris,
Susan and I would like to express our particular appreciation for your efforts to guide us and to make the trip both safe and fun. You really made it special for us.

The mechanical we had that made us abandon the trip was due to the failure of a welded tab supporting the center of the front differential. It was essentially inevitable that it would fail sooner or later, given that it was a simple straight tab of 3/16" steel holding the center of the front diff up. It would have failed eventually just driving with 4WD on dirt roads. Just a poorly conceived bit of fab from a really stellar fabricator. He was terribly embarrassed, and went to great lengths to make it right. I just got the truck back from the shop and it is fixed and much stronger than factory original I think.

We plan to get into the Kokopelli trip next year. I understand that you are planning to retire as the Kokopelli leader, but I hope we will see you somewhere along the way.

So thanks again to both of you for such pleasant and competent leadership.

Stay healthy!!

All the best,
Michael and Susan

Fearless leader! Thanks Stan. I can write something up if you want. How many words are you looking for?

IMG_7825.JPG

I wanted to check with everyone and see if they are able to go to the flickr page and download the original size photos?

Thanks,
Richard

Yes for Susan and Michael....very cool pics!
The Chairman Mao pics!!!!! Doggie hugs all over my monitor....woulda been kisses, but, well you know...;)

Cisco Wash

I can't thank you guys enough for such a great trip. Last year was a real struggle for me mentally and physically and my injury took its toll by the end of day one. This year was completely different. I was thrilled and thankful to be on the trail.

I hate that we lost Mike and Susan and Garth and Andrea on day two, but this is a long, tough trail and sometimes things break. Chris and I both limped home last year.

I have a lot of photos to go through and I'll get them loaded up soon.

Who's writing the article for Toyota Trails? :coffee:

_D719427 by

hey everyone! We had a great time and made it back to NH with only a few minor issues after our transfer case rebuild. One tire and the battery were also casualties of the trip. Andrea has been hard at work going through the thousand plus pictures she took, and we got them loaded to DropBox. These are all the pics of you guys, so take a look, she probably caught you or your rig! I am hoping to write down our experience for a TT article as well, so Stan, keep an eye on your inbox!

Dropbox - 2017 Moab UT- Kokopelli Trail

hey everyone! We had a great time and made it back to NH with only a few minor issues after our transfer case rebuild. One tire and the battery were also casualties of the trip. Andrea has been hard at work going through the thousand plus pictures she took, and we got them loaded to DropBox. These are all the pics of you guys, so take a look, she probably caught you or your rig! I am hoping to write down our experience for a TT article as well, so Stan, keep an eye on your inbox!

Dropbox - 2017 Moab UT- Kokopelli Trail
Great pictures and very glad to hear you made it back home without any further trouble.

Wrote an article and shared with Stan. Lets see if he can make it print worthy! Great trip

I was a general A-hole last week as I was missing FJ Summit 11(A trade-off I made for doing Cruise MOAB). All I had to do was think about this trip on Kokopelli to get over missing Summit.

Hi Everyone, finally went through my pics and vids, uploaded here, hope the link works ok, for some reason my dash cam videos are not playing when I go to the shared album but play on my phone? anyhow, enjoy!

You can view my shared album on the web:

Cruise Moab 2017

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom