Building an '03 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet build so far, nice to see other members in the north state areas! My in-laws are right in your neck of the woods, along 45 between GV and Auburn. That 4x4 labs bumper up front sure is pretty, they did a great job!
Not only did they do a great job, they are very cool to work with. Because I live up here, I was able to drop in the shop a few times while they were working on it. A bunch of great craftsmen, having a good time working hard on products they love and use themselves.

For my Autohome Adventure hard shell tent (150lb) I have a Rhino Rack Pioneer tray (84x54) which works very well.

For my Autohome Adventure hard shell tent (150lb) I have a Rhino Rack Pioneer tray (84x54) which works very well.
Thanks for the guidance. Would love an Autohome, but just invested way too much in the suspension mods, wheels, tires and bumpers. I'm going to have to hold off on the tent and rack.

Not only did they do a great job, they are very cool to work with. Because I live up here, I was able to drop in the shop a few times while they were working on it. A bunch of great craftsmen, having a good time working hard on products they love and use themselves.
Very cool, mind giving a ballpark figure for that front bumper? PM works too if you don't want to post publicly...

Great progress so far! I'm just a short drive south (Sacramento) from 4x4 Labs and will most likely be stopping by to pick up the DIY kit in the next few weeks. I want to save a little coin by doing the work myself and a few friends.

that front bumper makes me want to sell my ARB and get one
I like it better than the ARB, but that's a personal preference based on weight, angle of attack and a more streamlined appearance.

I went with a BajaRack and the CVT Shasta. There's a basket in the front of rack that I keep MaxTrax, shovel, axe, etc. BTW, love the NV wheels, just wish they came in 16".

I went with a BajaRack and the CVT Shasta. There's a basket in the front of rack that I keep MaxTrax, shovel, axe, etc. BTW, love the NV wheels, just wish they came in 16".
Great looking truck. What's the light bar on the bumper?

Okay...latest update. Sliders finally finished and back from powder coating. Got them installed this week. They look awesome. As usual, Luke and the team did a great job.

IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

Starting on some more detail stuff. 4x4 labs built some custom tabs for the front bumper for lights. When the stock bumpers are removed, you lose the fog lights in them. So these wire to that system, and replace the lost lights. I think the fabricated brackets are cool. Love the angle.

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

Next up I am installing lights on the tabs on the rear bumper. They'll be used for back-up and camping lights, one on each corner...switched from a new military grade toggle installed on the switch knockout on the lower left dash near my knee. Also putting another light on the inside of the spare on back, switched from a toggle that will be installed next to the 12V outlet in driver's side rear, which I don't think I've ever used. On the intererior lighting front, I replaced all interior bulbs with the PFran LEDs, and also replaced the reverse tail lights with PFran LEDs. I like the bright white. Plus, you can run them forever without drawing down the battery. Next week I'm having a Bluetooth kit installed on the backside of the stereo head unit. I looked at replacing the head unit with something more modern, but apparently, due to all the interconnectivity between the head unit and the touchscreen and everything else, they say that it's virtually impossible to replace the thing. I think it sounds great anyway...just wanted to be able to listen to my music from my phone. Pretty cheap to get good Bluetooth connectivity, including handsfree phone.

Man that looks sweet..... I'm debating the opor sliders vs lukes..... I'm going with like rear eventually so I may do opor since metal tech is only a 3 hour drive for me and give me a chance to meet them.

Took her up for a shake down trek to Blue Lake. Tried to make it to Grouse Ridge, but trail still blocked by snow about half way up. Plenty of mud, rocks and some snow. The suspension performed beautifully.

IMG_5883.JPG

Several have private messaged me about pricing from 4X4Labs. I'll let Luke jump in here and provide if he wants to. But the bumpers and sliders are all listed at www.4x4labs.com. And for what it's worth, they are AWESOME to deal with.

MJay's truck looks to be be be coming along nicely. He made a smart decision to stop at the snow - I went a bit further and had a chance to practice my recovery skills (not planned and under equipped... see recover forum for more)

Here is the CVT Shasta stowed. Overhangs my rack by 3 inches on both sides - plenty of room forward. Note that 100sExp deploys to the side, and I configured to deploy over the stern (to cover rear hatch work area with fridge, drawer etc).

upload_2017-5-31_20-13-0.png

And yes, the dog in the earlier picture is a Bernese Mountain Dog (10yrs old). We recently added a new Bernese puppy to the mix - and they both went on this Memorial Day drive.

upload_2017-5-31_20-17-19.png

Hello hundo folks,
We just finished up the design work on the 100 front bumper and sliders. Both are available in DIY kit and fully built / powder coated form. Both products have been added to the web store, pricing for options and some new pics.

100 Series Landcruiser Front Bumper
100 Series Landcruiser Sliders

Thanks to MJay for this build thread and for allowing us outfit his beautiful rig. I'll see some of you at the 100's in the hills event later this year. There may be a front bumper in the raffle...
cheers,
-luke@4x4labs

Next up I am installing lights on the tabs on the rear bumper. They'll be used for back-up and camping lights, one on each corner...switched from a new military grade toggle installed on the switch knockout on the lower left dash near my knee. Also putting another light on the inside of the spare on back, switched from a toggle that will be installed next to the 12V outlet in driver's side rear, which I don't think I've ever used. On the intererior lighting front, I replaced all interior bulbs with the PFran LEDs, and also replaced the reverse tail lights with PFran LEDs. I like the bright white. Plus, you can run them forever without drawing down the battery. Next week I'm having a Bluetooth kit installed on the backside of the stereo head unit. I looked at replacing the head unit with something more modern, but apparently, due to all the interconnectivity between the head unit and the touchscreen and everything else, they say that it's virtually impossible to replace the thing. I think it sounds great anyway...just wanted to be able to listen to my music from my phone. Pretty cheap to get good Bluetooth connectivity, including handsfree phone.

How are the Method wheells?Any rubbing? I purchased and 06 with what appear to be the same wheels and am getting a slight rub on plastic wheel well cover at the pinch weld. Trimming should fix just wondering how things will be when wheeling. Thx!

How are the Method wheells?Any rubbing? I purchased and 06 with what appear to be the same wheels and am getting a slight rub on plastic wheel well cover at the pinch weld. Trimming should fix just wondering how things will be when wheeling. Thx!
We did quite a bit of trimming initially of the plastic in the wheel wells. I got no rub when off-road, though there is definitely some noise when I made a hard turn into an uphill driveway. We haven't tracked that down yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom